• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by sarahbarnsley

1. S

rabbit in cramped hutch- any advice

theres a rabbit that is owned by someone round the corner from me. it doesnt appear to be mistreated as such but its kept in a 2 tier hutch that looks to be about 3ft wide and its quite a big bunny. ive never seen it let out and it looks miserable. its hutch is way too small for it. today...
  2. S

My new boy

For those of you who havent seen the gorgeous Wilbur :love: (now known as Morrissey) here: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=156971 This is our new piggy. He came home last night and he's just fantastic :D. He's so laid back and placid and already seems to be getting on great...
  3. S

Rehomed: neutered boar piggie

im away with work this weekend, im hoping to pick him up next week :D
  4. S

To insure or not to insure?

All my bunnies, past and present, have been insured. I have never claimed for Zeb or Edina but it was invaluable as far as the rest go. Gus had a retrobulbar abscess that cost £900 to treat, plus claims for mites (he seems to get them every moult), the time that Lola nearly bit off his manhood...
  5. S

Rehomed: neutered boar piggie

hopefully little Wilbur will be coming to live with us and our recently adopted little piggy Stella :D
  6. S

I'm getting a friend for Florrie

after visiting Angie on Saturday to look at Milly & Holly the piggies, Stacie & I have settled on Milly to hopefully pair up with Florrie. She's only a few months old & Florrie is 5 but they are both very friendly so we are hopeful that they will become friends. I spent 2 hours building a new...
  7. S

Rehomed: Holly pig

I went to see Holly pig on Saturday and she's so friendly and cute - her hairdo is unique bless her. I wish I could have guinea-napped her :D
  8. S

Available Rescue: Dillon...please see new thread

He's gorgeous, I wanted to steal him when I came on Saturday and he's so friendly :D
  9. S

Bunny update

after a lot of uncertainty with my poor bunnies due to my relationship ending in the new year, im pleased to say that finally everything is sorted :) Zeb has gone back to live with Gail & her new partner and is very happy - they are spoiling him and he's living back downstairs instead of being...
  10. S

Reserved: neutered boy piggywigs...

im looking for a friend for Florrie - I'll give you a ring this week Angie about any available piggies you might have :)
  11. S

Bracken

My beautiful Bracken died suddenly yesterday, aged almost 9. We got her from Angie's BARC two years ago - she had been taken there after her owners tried to scare her to death by setting off fireworks round her hutch. She was such a timid bunny at first but over time became a loving, friendly...
  12. S

Urgent Barnsley Pet Shop, What To Do??!!

that was the place that i reported, at the time they took one bunny away to be pts and were supposed to be enforcing some kind of better housing for the bunnies but clearly nothing at all has been done about it :( i also agree that Aqua Inn is just upsetting too
  13. S

Tent for a large rabbit?

Lola, my frenchie, used to have one of those cat tents from ikea. she loved it :D
  14. S

outdoor accomodation

due to my lovely dad helping me out by buying the flagstones - i should shortly be the proud owner of a 7x5 "seconds" shed (£200 for shed, delivery and installation - castle buildings in barnsley). the bunnies have wrecked my mum's plans for a veg plot at the top of my garden :lol: so we've...
  15. S

outdoor accomodation

due to the split, and things getting bad with gail, i am now taking saffy & edina to live at me but they will have to become outdoor bunnies again as i dont have any room indoors for them. sadly im now having to pay a large mortgage bills etc on my own and im really going to be struggling to pay...
Back