• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by NewBunnyNewbie

1. N

Started Bonding - shall I continue ?

Yes she’s spayed. The odd thing is the boy bun when separated just by the cage bars , chases her and tries to lick her , follows her around and seems keen to be with her !
  2. N

Started Bonding - shall I continue ?

On the advice of my vet (rabbit savvy) , I’ve started introductions for my 6 month old doe and 10 week old buck . I had planned to wait at least 3 months until buck was neutered etc but the vet said the sooner it’s done the better . I have a pen in neutral territory and I’ve been popping them...
  3. N

Too little too late. New here and in need of support.

I’m sorry for your loss . I know how you’re feeling ; my baby bunny died just a few days ago and the devastation is still raw . Non rabbit owners don’t understand how much of a beloved pet they are. You will feel better in a few days , it does get easier .
  4. N

Newbie - Will this pair likely bond?

I think you’re right , I probably did rush in to it because I panicked thinking she would be really sad . Saying that , I love the new baby already and I’m pleased I have him . I’m just going to take it really slow and see what happens after his neuter .
  5. N

Hopefully his little friends appear sooner rather than later ! Although I’m so nervous about bonding as I’m scared one will get hurt . Do you think my Mabel will be comforted by the baby being near by ? She’s grieving for her lost mate , hasn’t eaten much for days but is getting bits and...
  6. N

Thank you . I’ve set them up side by side now but I’ve also added a protective pen around the baby so if he runs out his cage , he won’t actually be out in the main area . I’m going to keep them completely separated until a few weeks after he is neutered . My bun I’ve just lost wasn’t ready...
  7. N

Disaster (almost !) struck this morning ! I thought the baby was hiding in his box as his usually is so I opened his cage to take out his food bowl . Mabel was in the main area . The baby ran past me in to the main area and was out with Mabel . Mabel ran to him and was gently nipping but the...
  8. N

The new bunny is flopped in the litter tray whilst the other is eating her hay in her litter tray with only a cage door between them - that’s a good sign right ?!
  9. N

Proprofol used as an anaesthetic - has anyone had any bunnies with bad reactions?

Would you mind sharing your experience? I’ll understand if not .
  10. N

Proprofol used as an anaesthetic - has anyone had any bunnies with bad reactions?

I did speak to the vet and they said the honest answer is they don’t know why he died but rabbits are very high risk . I’m beating myself up as it wasn’t our usual vet and practice , it was a charity who did the procedure . (I’m NOT saying anything bad about the charity) I’m wondering myself...
  11. N

Thank you . I’ve read the link and it says the drug causes brachycardia - low heart rate . I don’t understand why it was used if it’s known to cause heart problems :(
  12. N

I lost my baby bun during a neuter ; the operation was never started as his little heart slowed down so quickly :( He was brought out of it but sadly never recovered . I’m devastated. He’s had minor operations before but a different anaesthetic was used and he was fine . Is this a harsher...
  13. N

Will another rabbit living side by side be helpful for my grieving bunny?

We lost Mabel’s bond mate during a neuter ; she’s only 5 months old and so was her mate. We got a new bunny very quickly because Mabel was pining for her mate. I’m going to start the bonding process but I have noticed she’s eating a bit more and is a bit more active now her new friend is near...
  14. N

Thanks , I’m just very nervous and I don’t want the baby to be hurt . He should be a lot bigger and older by the time he’s completed neuter and recovery so hopefully they’ll be ok .
  15. N

Oh ok I didn’t know that , I’ll set them up a run outside instead . They haven’t ventured outside yet :)
Back