• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by lovemybuns

1. L

hutch insulation

I'd love to have a huge shed done with kingspan but with so many rabbits is need either two huge 12x16 ft sheds or loads of small ones. I'm hoping to have a huge outhouse one day with electric and running water so I can have radiators for winter and two or more large ceiling fans for summer...
  2. L

Biting problem! Can you help??!!

Biting Good afternoon :D I had the exact same problem with three rabbits. The key method is patience. You can find bonding and trust building methods on my website binkybunny.weebly.com under bunny behaviour and my experiences. All bunnies are different and some will start to gain trust...
  3. L

flyscreen on aviary to prevent myxomatosis (i think thats what its called) ???

No probs. I'll try get some photos today if it's not raining too much. Uk has such a poor excuse for a summer! I'm already thinking about winter insulation! Lol. The foil insulation is apparently very good for reflecting heat from the sun too so I may install it now. Your project sounds...
  4. L

Not keen on Burgess Pellets all of a sudden

Recommendations I don't think bunnies not eating many pellets is such a big deal. Some of my bunnies will leave their pellets in preference to hay or straw. I strongly recommend Allen & Page Natural rabbit pellets. They have the highest crude fibre content I have researched and I've done a...
  5. L

hutch insulation

Brilliant thread Hi gals & guys! I know it's supposed to be summer here in the uk but two days go by and it's winter again so let's all be prepared and start thinking about hutch insulation. I was thinking celotex but having seen the foil insulation it seems like a much easier and cost...
  6. L

Help! Rabbit has gas.

gas Even if you have seen your vets you still have work to do and not soley on diet. I recommend a timothy hay diet for around two weeks and protexin fibreplex which is cheap £5 and free delivery on animeddirect.co.uk I would also recommend protexin professional sachets about £2 each, maybe...
  7. L

sawdust in the cage, alternative?

agreed regarding hay near litter tray. I have hay racks beside/above all my litter trays. keeps hay clean and rabbits using their trays. If your bunny ever gets poorly and you have hay in litter trays or all over hutch floor, your rabbit will be reinfecting themselves. You probably know but EC...
  8. L

sawdust in the cage, alternative?

Rabbit bedding products I have tried many rabbit bedding products. I have found easibed and auboise to be the best. Easibed is slightly cheaper but they are really very similar, auboise is lighter weight, finer but pretty much equal in absorbency. You can get them from your local farm shop...
  9. L

flyscreen on aviary to prevent myxomatosis (i think thats what its called) ???

flyscreen on hutches Hi there, I staple black flyscreen to the mesh parts of my hutches such as doors. I worried that white mesh may attract flying insects. It stays on all summer and need not really come off in the winter. It works really well and we seem to have loads of mosquitos around...
  10. L

H i! I'm Emilie and these are my bunnies!!!!

Oh btw Biscuit is 7 years old now we believe. We've had him 5 years now :) He came to the vets with Freya today and had a full MOT and annual vaccine. Very pleased to say, vet reports he's in very good condition :) just a little tartar on his teeth so we need to brush them a little more often...
  11. L

I heard the biocat litter is good :) I think I mentioned but I use easibed and auboise. Both work well but thinking of trying tima hay pellets. Sadly there isn't many insulating beddings but straw doesn't cause matting and safe bed works ace for sleeping compartment. I had same thing with age...
  12. L

Statis & Gas

update Hi there All! :) Thanks again for the brilliant advise given regarding my recently rescued bunny 6reya. To update you all on her progress and the feedback from her vets appointment this morning. Freya is putting on weight rapidly. She's doubled in weight in ten days! She is eating and...
  13. L

Thinking about a trio

you can always get another bunny, but specially take notice of its behaviour before commiting to it to make sure its best suited to bond with your already bonded rabbits. If it doesnt work then you can try bonding the new bun with another new bun and have them outside as you mentioned. My...
  14. L

Just to note, which I'm sure your already aware of but 7 weeks old is much too young for a bunny to be rehomed. My doe Evie continues to suckle her litter and they are now eight weeks old. I have been told of does nursing until kit has been 18 weeks! Not only do kits miss out on nutritional...
  15. L

Thank you all for your lovely comments about my bunnies :) its lovely weather here today so they will be able to enjoy the garden as theyve been a little cooped up the last few days with all the rain. Emma, I find that the lionheads are more wiggly than other breeds. They take a min longer to...
Back