• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by lolasuggs

1. lolasuggs

Please help - urgent advice needed

Dont know why I suddenly remembered this thread, but thought I would add a further post - almost 2.5 years later! The girls are still the best of friends, completely inseparable and are very bonded to each other and us. I remember feeling so concerned about them staying bonded at the beginning...
  2. lolasuggs

Another update, the bunnies were spayed around 3 weeks ago. The surgery went really well and theyve recovered well and are back to their usual selves. The are still apparently very happy with each other, pretty inseparable. Candy is still very much the dominant one and Coco happy for her to...
  3. lolasuggs

Just a further update on the bunnies. Theyre now 21 weeks. They are booked in to be spayed in 2 weeks time. They are still lovely together. We had 2 bits of the bigger one (Candy) humping the smaller one (Coco) for about 1 second - Coco didnt seem to care - other than that absolutely no...
  4. lolasuggs

Female Spaying

It was the veterinary nurse - she said it was more essential for a rabbit to be 1.8kg and over than how many weeks they are. Both mine are 2kg already at 18 weeks so technically they could be done (and RSPCA recommend over 17 weeks) but thought Id see what the consensus was on here.
  5. lolasuggs

Female Spaying

Ive spoken to the vets and they said its more dependent on weight than age. They said my girls needed to be 1.8kg or above - that seems very specific??
  6. lolasuggs

Female Spaying

Just thought Id see what people though re spaying and the best age to get their girls done?
  7. lolasuggs

Thank you! it worked!
  8. lolasuggs

Thank you! Just need someone to tell me how to add a picture to my profile now so you can see them!
  9. lolasuggs

Thought Id give an update and keep updating as we go on as it might be interesting for other new owners. So since the "incident" on day 2 we have had no issues at all. In fact they seem inseparable. The eat together, sleep together, groom each other and seem absolutely lovely. They have very...
  10. lolasuggs

Best first veggies

This seems very true! With my previous bun there were always dried pellets left, but these two seem to eat everything I put in there. Theyre good hay munchers so thats good hopefully - how about dandilion leaves? Are they a good first food?
  11. lolasuggs

Best first veggies

My girls are 11 weeks old and have handled the change from breeders feed to excel really well, done it gradually over a week and no tummy probs. Good grass and hay eaters. Just wanted to ask from experienced owners how they introduced veggies - which ones are the best to go for first? How...
  12. lolasuggs

Sister bonding

Thank you - theyre doing so well, theyre already using the litter tray and seem really happy - I think although im optimistic I just feel like its a ticking time bomb and its taking the enjoyment off it a bit to be honest - I said to my partner id rather it just be resolved as theyre both so...
  13. lolasuggs

Sister bonding

Hi again everyone So we are doing ok with our 11 week old sisters after that one scuffle last week which appeared to be related to the noise of next doors pump. They seem very happy in each others company, eating together, grooming each other and we appear to see which one looks most likely to...
  14. lolasuggs

Any positive sibling pairings?

So if you read my other thread youll see why im asking - but I just wondered if anyone had had 2 sisters from the same litter that had successfully ended up as bonded? How likely is it? I want to manage my expectations really and work out what to do if they really dont want to live together...
  15. lolasuggs

Thanks for this - they are booked in for a check and vaccinations on Saturday. What age would you think issues might start arising? 16 weeks ish? My friend had a pair of sisters from the same breeder, they lived together fine and were spayed at 17 weeks (both at the same time) never had to be...
Back