• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Bunjovi

1. B

My rabbit licks the carpet like crazy when I scratch his back!

Any one else's bun start licking like crazy when you scratch/tickle their back? This flemish giant in the pet shop started doing the same thing when I scratched it's back. Oreo loves to lick my stuffed toy rabbit that I sleep with every night. It's so funny watching him lick away!
  2. B

My rabbit licks the carpet when I scratch/tickle his back!

This is not a problem! LOL. It's so funny. Once he's calm, I'll start to scratch near the tail area, working my way up his back. That instantly makes him lick the carpet. He won't stop licking till I stop scratching. I think it's funny and I thought I'd share. I have a plush toy rabbit that I...
  3. B

I feel so bad when I cause my rabbit stress.

Today we had a break from the cold, wet, snowy weather and had a beautiful day of warm sunshine. I really wanted to take Oreo outside to enjoy it. Once he gets in his harness, he does fine. The worst part is catching him and getting it on him. I could tell he really enjoyed the outside today...
  4. B

chewing

I have everything proper for Oreo to chew on! Hay, apple sticks, toys, etc......but over the past few day's, he's been chewing and Eating the carpet!! This makes me so scared when he swallows carpet pieces. He was only doing in in one area, so I blocked it off. I'm so scared he's going to clog...
  5. B

I love the way my rabbit smells....

I really do! He has a fresh, clean bunny smell. He is a house rabbit. I like to wash my hands with a nice smelling soap, dry them off, then pet my bun. Mmmmmmm....it makes him smell sooo good! Anyone else sniff their house bunny alot and enjoy it's scent?
  6. B

when to spay

Oreo was fixed at 4 months.
  7. B

Biting

Tonight, Oreo ran towards me , and started tugging on my jeans. I say "Hey!" loudly and he stopped. If I'm in his way, he'll chew my shirt and be nipping my skin too! I know he doesn't mean to hurt me.
  8. B

Weird noises from bunny?

Once when I was bored, I was tapping a bottle cap on a hard surface and Oreo really didn't like the sound it was making. He stomped his foot and mad this low, short, buzzing noise. Anybody else's buns do that?
  9. B

Won't let me pet him

Oreo is the same way! After he's done running around like a crazy bun, he gets tired, goes and lays down, outstretches the legs, and lets me pet him. He thinks "ahhhh, I'm too tired to care now, phew."
  10. B

Why do bunnies get those double chin things???

Just wondering, Oreo is now 8 months old and I noticed a little double chin forming. What causes that?
  11. B

Here's what Oreo eats, why did he have liquid poo tonight?

The carrot was fresh, and yes I took it straight from the fridge. I only give him 1 baby carrot per day, and only 1-2 dried cranberries per day. Maybe he ate too much pellet? His dish holds about 1/2 cup of pellets, but I always try to keep a constant supply of pellet. His poo's are normal at...
  12. B

My DIY hutch extension

That is so adorable, he has such a nice yard to play in now!
  13. B

Yes, he has eaten baby carrots and dried cranberries before with no problem at all.
  14. B

Oreo, 8 month old dutch bun of mine. His diet consists of: 1/2 cup plain pellets per day Unlimited timothy hay and today he had 1 baby carrot and 1 dried cranberry. When I got home this evening I noticed there was a pile of liquid poo in his litterbox. His poo's are now back to normal. Just...
  15. B

Hello from the Pittsburgh, PA. USA & here's how I got my new bun!

Hello all, After browsing some other rabbit forum sites, this site looks to be one of the best, with the most information. Here's my story: Now, I've wanted a house bunny for 22 years, (that's how long I've been alive), and I finally got one! I browse petfinder.com just about everyday...
Back