• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by ashbunny

1. ashbunny

I can't afford Ashley

thank you for your replies :wave: We live in Newmarket so the Cambridge side of Suffolk so Ashley goes to Iain Cope at cambridge veterinary group. We moved from Cambridge last year and took her to a more local one but it didn't work out. Iain is very good though. They did skull radiographs last...
  2. ashbunny

I can't afford Ashley

Sorry for this post, I am just overwhelmed with this right now and have been worrying about it so much. Ashley has never been a cheap bunny to keep but I am a firm believer in taking financial responsibility for animals you choose to take on. However I have spent £800 in vet bills in the last...
  3. ashbunny

people with shed and run set ups

We have a runaround kit that connects the shed to the run via a tube. (www.runaround.co.uk) We took out a couple of the shed slats because when we cut them with the jigsaw they went wobbly and insecure. We got a scrap of wood from homebase's odds and ends section and nailed it down firmly in...
  4. ashbunny

Diabetes

Just updating, Ash went to the vets yesterday and turned out she needed another dental (her last one was only a month ago) so they did that as well as xrays to check progression of teeth issues and blood tests. The xrays showed changes, can't remember what he said exactly but there was a lot of...
  5. ashbunny

Diabetes

Thanks for your reply Jane :) She is currently on metacam but the vets have suggested acupuncture once a week for a few weeks and see how she gets on with that, although I'm not sure taking her to the vets once a week for a long period of time is feasible but I got the impression that they do...
  6. ashbunny

Diabetes

Does anyone have any experience with diabetes in rabbits please? :wave: I understand it's pretty rare but Ashley seems a bit out of sorts although when she went to the vets for a dental they didn't seem to think there was anything (else) wrong. She pees and drinks a lot although has done so...
  7. ashbunny

Mites

Ashley had mites once when she was on her own and a house bunny. The vets gave her something while we were there to treat it, I can't remember what it was. Like fleas, mites can spread reasonably quickly so it is worth keeping an eye on your other buns. Supposedly they can get into hay and...
  8. ashbunny

Buns been Neutered today advice please :)

Sounds like he is improving :thumb: hope he continues to feel better :)
  9. ashbunny

Has anyone used advantage flea treatment on their rabbit?

I've used Advantage several times on Ashley and it's always worked effectively, but we don't have cats so I can't advise on that.
  10. ashbunny

Information leaflet I found in pets corner - photos for you to have a look

Just because they're bred in someone's home instead of a factory doesn't mean they're ethical. The breeder featured on Undercover Boss and the leaflet was purely in it for the £££ with a sob story attached. It sounds like they do more for the welfare of animals than certain other chains but...
  11. ashbunny

How much should you put them through?!

I agree. You'll probably know when the right time is to stop. Quality of life is most important.
  12. ashbunny

Newbie Bunny Mummy

To be honest I am not really a fan of hutches, as they are often quite narrow and don't really allow much room to move about. In this weather the setup you have is OK because they are likely to spend a lot of time in the run but in the winter they will probably want to be in the hutch (thanks to...
  13. ashbunny

What my horrible ex neighbour said to our new neighbours.

:shock::evil: Why did he even feel the need to mention your rabbits to her?!
  14. ashbunny

Vet box

Their carrier is in their shed, they use it as a litter tray and place to hide the rest of the time :)
Back