• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by akaemzybabe

1. A

haynet??

there are quiet a few different hay racks here http://www.deemillen.co.uk/racks-balls-feeders-c-189_191.html hope there of some help
  2. A

Foraging for a low calcium diet bunny

Thanks for your reply. There not really the natural foods I was looking for help with, although some do fall into the moderate category which is good to know
  3. A

Foraging for a low calcium diet bunny

Hello All Lottie is still on a low calcium diet following a nasty UTI and coccidiosis back in Autum, she is now bonded to George and they are very happy together. I have recently taken on an allotment and have been giving them plenty of the seedy grass and plantain thats everywhere. As well...
  4. A

Do I need to be gving different types of hay?

Personally I feed plenty of variety, different hays have different textures and I believe this helps aid teeth to wear down. What you need to keep an eye on with young bunnies is there poo rather than coat condition. This will be the first indicator that something is not right. When you...
  5. A

Help with putting weight on a bunny happy UD

That is a huge amount to loose in 1 month has he has a recent vet teeth check? have you tried Allen and page pellets? they don't contain half the junk like soya that some of the pellets contain - it qill take them a wiile to wean off the other pellets though. I use to live in Totnes and would...
  6. A

How often does a bunny need veg?

mine get daily veg/weeds/grass as there not kept on grass
  7. A

Going out foraging this weekend

Nows a good time to start collecting bramble/blackberry and raspberry leaves before the get too spiky. Im heading out later to do some collecting on land I have permission to collect from and where no pesticides are used. Can anyone advise if hawthorn leaves are safe and liked? the twigs are on...
  8. A

Alternative to Fibre Plex?

i have just brought a tub of these pellets from AniMed quite reasonably and free postage there the same size as Allen and Page they went down well
  9. A

old bunny feeling the cold

it's been -4 outside and 18 in my house all night a change of 20C is enough to shock and kill a rabbit he will have his thick winter coat by now. Straw is far more insulating than hay - they don't build houses out of hay. millions of people keep small furries and large on it and barley straw is...
  10. A

old bunny feeling the cold

Bringing him inside will be too much of a shock to the system at this time I year. A trip to the vets tomorrow would be wise for a check up. A thick layer of straw will keep him warmer than hay, snuggle safes are also highly reccomended. If he lives with other bunnies they will keep him warm but...
  11. A

Bunny weeing everywhere

also he really needs a partner even indoor bunnies need someone who speaks the same language as them
  12. A

Bunny weeing everywhere

He needs neutering he is marking his territory just like dogs do. The sooner you have him done the better
  13. A

2 questions about worms...

I treat them during high risk times when I move house (normally at least once a year), when introducing a new rabbit or when they've been to a rabbit boarding place. always for 28 days including bleaching on days 21 and 28.
  14. A

Stress! Terminally ill bunny :(

poor girl. I can only really think of the little extras which might help in addition to the veterinary treatment, vicks vapour rub on a tissue just outside her cage, probiotics (I like avipro) while she's on the antibiotics, plenty of plantain as its a natural anti inflammatory, soaking her food...
  15. A

Excessive ear wax build up - does anyone else's rabbits have this problem?

Had to say I've never heard of or seen a rabbit with wax buil up. I think a second oppinion wouldn't go a miss. like in humans you should never try to remove wax with a cotton bud you only push it further in.
Back