• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent Threesome Bonding Help Needed!

If you are off next week, for now abandon everything and just get on with being a bunny mum. As soon as you can next week make a start at bonding them, get everything you need to get done first so you can concentratte on them, ideally if you can get someone to assist you the better, even if it is just to lower your stress levels.

I agree - leave it till next week. And I would bond them in the conservatory. That way they can stay in there for several days if necessary until they settle down and you can keep asn eye on them overnight aswell. If things are going OK then don't rush to get them back into the hutch - be prepared to keep them on neutral ground for several days if needs be - its mmuch easier if things are a bit fraught still and you can avoid keep moving them back and forth.
And get some thick gardening gloves in case of fights!!

If they are happy being around each other then I'd leave them so they can smell each other, just be careful your bonded buns don't fight because the new bun is nearby. It's something known as referred agression where loved up buns end up scrapping cos they can't get to the real bun they're not happy with.
The conservatory sounds like a good idea, and like Spacegirl says be prepared to have them in there a few days, don't feel you have to rush anything. When it comes to the actual bonding be positive don't worry about it going wrong. They will probably scrap and hump and play up but that is all normal rabbit behaviour. The point they need seperating is if they actually lock onto each other. It's a hard call to make really, when I bonded four of mine, my arm got in the way of Max trying to bite Squirrel and I have a nasty scar to show for it. If Max had bitten him it would have been quite messy but they live happily together now so really it's up to you to use your judgement.
If you have internet at home keep your computer close by then you can ask for advice as you go along - there's always someone here even if it's just to offer encouragement. :D

Thanks so much everyone for your advice, its much appreciated.

I have three happy bunnies at the moment, they can see and smell each other and seem sort of ok with that. Betty is staying out of the way and my existing couple seem closer than ever. This morning I swapped them round a bit so they could get a bit more used to Williams smell but I think it might have caused problems with Benny and Betty so I changed it all back.

I've checked all buns over and the only injury we have is a tiny bite on Bennys bun and a lot of fur pulled. I've cleaned it up and don't think its anything to worry about, so thankfully its not been too nasty.

I'll be trying the bonding next week so I'll keep you posted. I'm sure I'm going to need lots of encouragement because its terrifying! Thanks again for all your help.

Gemma xx

We've fostered a bun, Millie, from Joe's brother as he really wasn't looking after her :censored: Anyway, she was quite a bit overweight so we've had to get her to lose a bit of the weight over the last few months before her spay.

She lives next to my pair in the kitchen in a sectioned off bit (my pair are have free run of the kitchen) and whenever they are up against the bars, my boy Mylo goes crazy trying to bite her. My girl Mavis doesn't seem too bothered by her.

Anyway, Millie's spay is next week so we're going to be going through the 3 bunny bonding thing in a few weeks but with the way Mylo is towards her at the moment, I'm not sure they'll get on at all :cry:

Good luck with the bonding of your three - keep us posted!

She lives next to my pair in the kitchen in a sectioned off bit (my pair are have free run of the kitchen) and whenever they are up against the bars, my boy Mylo goes crazy trying to bite her. My girl Mavis doesn't seem too bothered by her.

That sounds exactly how mine are with William but they are all neutered! :cry:

We're going to try the neutral bonding on Wednesday for the rest of the week to see how it goes. I'm not keeping my hopes up though even though initial attempts at the rescue seemed to go ok. :cry:

I'll keep you posted...

Gemma xx

Back