• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

One sided grooming

cheriseru

Alpha Buck
I've noticed more and more that Athie will almost bully Zeus into grooming him at times and other times Zeus will just groom Athie but I see Athie grooming Zeus less and less :(

Breaks my heart when Zeus is asking for some love and Athie just plays oblivious, ok I do giggle a little sometimes [emoji15] especially when Athie's being a little meanie like last night, Zeus had just given Athie some grooming loves and then asked for his-
ce26112ddac17f722404073143ba5456.jpg

But Athie decided nope, he's just going to groom his footsies right infront of Zeus's face [emoji2356][emoji2960]
f4b144879d8c0913bcb5cced62cbee95.jpg

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] Archie and Pip are exactly the same. Poor Archie begs for grooms, and she totally ignores him. Its because she's top bun though. Part of the bun hierarchy.

I think Athie might be top bun too!

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] Archie and Pip are exactly the same. Poor Archie begs for grooms, and she totally ignores him. Its because she's top bun though. Part of the bun hierarchy.

I think Athie might be top bun too!

Hehehe bunnies are so odd [emoji1787]
How do I figure out which one is top bun? I've been thinking Zeus is top bun from their other behaviour but now you've got me wondering [emoji848]

Hehehe bunnies are so odd [emoji1787]
How do I figure out which one is top bun? I've been thinking Zeus is top bun from their other behaviour but now you've got me wondering [emoji848]

Its normally the one who gets the most grooms and refuses to groom the other. Also I find Pip has to eat some pellets first or she gets grunty! [emoji1787] she sounds like a baby piglet

Its normally the one who gets the most grooms and refuses to groom the other. Also I find Pip has to eat some pellets first or she gets grunty! [emoji1787] she sounds like a baby piglet

Hehehe awww grunty Pip sounds adorable [emoji173]

When it comes to food, Zeus gets first picking and Athie tends to move away if Zeus wants a certain piece. Treats as well, Zeus has to get first and Athie will skirt around him to get some.
A few times I've seen Zeus chase Athie off and Athie always drops into passive when Zeus runs up to him [emoji848]
Athie tends to come looking for Zeus for a cuddle where Zeus generally just flops wherever. Athie does groom Zeus now and then but don't think it's as often as Zeus grooms Athie.

All of that has made me think Zeus is top bun [emoji848] wouldn't surprise me if Zeus is just too lazy to be top bun [emoji1787]

Hehehe awww grunty Pip sounds adorable [emoji173]

When it comes to food, Zeus gets first picking and Athie tends to move away if Zeus wants a certain piece. Treats as well, Zeus has to get first and Athie will skirt around him to get some.
A few times I've seen Zeus chase Athie off and Athie always drops into passive when Zeus runs up to him [emoji848]
Athie tends to come looking for Zeus for a cuddle where Zeus generally just flops wherever. Athie does groom Zeus now and then but don't think it's as often as Zeus grooms Athie.

All of that has made me think Zeus is top bun [emoji848] wouldn't surprise me if Zeus is just too lazy to be top bun [emoji1787]

Hmm that does sound like Zeus is in charge. Maybe Athie is grooming more and you haven't noticed it? When you are sleeping perhaps. We don't notice the difference much. But we notice Archie submitting and asking and Pip ignoring.

The piglet grunts are funny, unless Archie gets too bold and then she starts doing the bucking bronco and boxing the air. [emoji1787]

Hmm that does sound like Zeus is in charge. Maybe Athie is grooming more and you haven't noticed it? When you are sleeping perhaps. We don't notice the difference much. But we notice Archie submitting and asking and Pip ignoring.

The piglet grunts are funny, unless Archie gets too bold and then she starts doing the bucking bronco and boxing the air. [emoji1787]

Could be [emoji848] I've not yet had any bunny kisses from Athie either, so maybe he's a shy groomer and doesn't want me to see yet [emoji39]

Aww bucking bronco [emoji1787] naughty Pip for air boxing though [emoji33] need to tell Pip to share [emoji14]

Could be [emoji848] I've not yet had any bunny kisses from Athie either, so maybe he's a shy groomer and doesn't want me to see yet [emoji39]

Aww bucking bronco [emoji1787] naughty Pip for air boxing though [emoji33] need to tell Pip to share [emoji14]

Sharing is not something a princess does apparently.

That is an adorable tummy Athie.

I love that second photo, just look at that tummy :love:
Hehehe he does love showing off his belly [emoji16]
I've been trying to get a good photo because he has 2 cute brown patches on his belly but so far no luck

Sharing is not something a princess does apparently.

That is an adorable tummy Athie.

Hehehe now I can just imagine Pip in a pink glittery tutu with a star wand [emoji1787][emoji1787]

This is something my Dennis has to deal with all day, every day :lol: Maple requests a groom 90% of their time together. She never returns the favour and the poor lad has to have his eyes cleaned by us hoomans. I do give him a little massage on the head when they are laying together so i can pretend it is Maple for once :lol:

This is something my Dennis has to deal with all day, every day [emoji38] Maple requests a groom 90% of their time together. She never returns the favour and the poor lad has to have his eyes cleaned by us hoomans. I do give him a little massage on the head when they are laying together so i can pretend it is Maple for once [emoji38]
Awww poor Dennis [emoji173] sounds like girlie bunnies are a needy lot [emoji39]

Hahaha glad I'm not the only one that gives head rubs pretending to be the other bunny [emoji1787] I've done that a few times, especially when they're almost nose to nose, I give Zeus head rubs and tugs so he can think it's Athie returning the favour [emoji173]

My bridge boy Rio always begged for grooms and his wife bun Cleo always obliged.She always gave his face a good wash every morning.He on the other hand rarely returned the favour, typical bloke.I couldn't even give her strokes or nose rubs as she wouldn't tolerate humans touching her.I'd say it was 80 to 20 percent in his favour.He loved being petted by me too.

Sophie is a fan of one-sided grooming, too. Casper always grooms her a lot, but when he asks for some grooms back she gives him at most a few licks and then shoves her head under his again demanding more for herself. :roll:

Primrose used to get all the grooming love.

Very occasionally she would lower herself to clean Rodney's face but that was it. Terrible really because he hates brushing.

I've got the odd impression that Blossom thinks shes my top bunny. I groom her whenever she asks which is rather often [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Hehehe sounds like it's quite common then:D phew! [emoji14]

I did notice Athie grooming Zeus last night for about 15mins after I told Athie off for jumping on my bedside table [emoji848]

But again today I pretended to be Athie and gave Zeus head rubs when Athie was just sitting there staring at Zeus asking for some love [emoji1787]

Starting to think Zeus has lost the plot [emoji1787] him asking for grooming is sticking his face under Athie's chest [emoji1787]
3876b6cbbed5bb4720b5c859d8679b66.jpg

Back