• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

A hairy poop

cheriseru

Alpha Buck
**disclaimer** icky picture below!!!

Both Zeus and Athie are absolutely fine but I've just found a hairy icky poop.

They've both been eating, drinking, pooping and hopping around fine but I just found a hairy poop [emoji15] it's the first time ever so wondered if I should be worried or do something?

I'm going to mention to the vet tomorrow about it when I drop them off for Athie's neutering but thought I'd reach out here for advice/experience :)

Not sure if the coloring is because of the poop but the hair looks brownish so the fur probably came from Athie but Zeus has been grooming him and he's been grooming himself so no idea which one it came from :s
41948898af3b6c6b340d58fa9c58d36f.jpg

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Probably a bit of both.

We tend to get these around moults.

Try and up the liquids if you can, wet their veggies etc.

And brush as much as you can off yourself but it's better out than in so good to see some passing through.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Probably a bit of both.

We tend to get these around moults.

Try and up the liquids if you can, wet their veggies etc.

And brush as much as you can off yourself but it's better out than in so good to see some passing through.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
Thank you :)

Will give Athie a brush a bit more and wet their veg :) thanks for the advice :)

Boo does these. Better out than in. Lots of fibre so they continue to work it through & up the groomies.

Boo does these. Better out than in. Lots of fibre so they continue to work it through & up the groomies.
Ted does these when he gets a new coat. He's a right scrag bag at the moment!
Aha good thank you :)
HA j&b I'm still trying to figure out how to groom Athie without getting nipped numerous times [emoji15] think I might look into one of those grooming glove things [emoji848]
Awww Kara I'm sure he's a cute scrag bag though [emoji39]

Oh my look at those poops [emoji33]
Thank you lots! I never know really what websites to trust about info.
I seem to find all the sites that send me into panic when I try Google anything so just don't really anymore

Medirabbit is one of the good ones :)

Back