• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zeus freak out advice

Slight update, think I've figured out what might've freaked Zeus out :s
Past few days I've noticed him jumping and bolting into the bedroom and hiding under the bed and realised it's when one of my neighbours takes her dogs out :/ starts with a door slam that you can feel slight vibrations on the floor and then dogs barking and running up and down our corridor :/
He seems to really not like it :( which makes me think that must've happened while I used the blender and I just didn't hear it :s

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

This must be really scary for Zeus. :(

This must be really scary for Zeus. :(
Yea he's really unhappy about it :( I've tried speaking to the neighbour explaining about the bunnies and if she could keep her dogs on the leash when she walks down the corridor and she just said no :/ only a year then I'll be able to rent us a nice house with a garden!

Yea he's really unhappy about it :( I've tried speaking to the neighbour explaining about the bunnies and if she could keep her dogs on the leash when she walks down the corridor and she just said no :/ only a year then I'll be able to rent us a nice house with a garden!

The selfishness of people always surprises me..

Aw, poor Zeus. :( How rude of your neighbour to not be more considerate after you asked her to keep the dogs on a leash while in the corridor. It'd be no trouble at all for her to do that. :?

Aw, poor Zeus. :( How rude of your neighbour to not be more considerate after you asked her to keep the dogs on a leash while in the corridor. It'd be no trouble at all for her to do that. :?
Yea I agree :/ she's a bit of an odd one, seems like the world owes her.
I did find out though that pets in the corridor and entry bit should be kept on a leash [emoji848] just wondering how to proceed as I really cba with a neighbour fight.
I have started closing my bedroom door which seems to drown out a bit of the noise and everytime I hear her door I tend to talk to Zeus in a soothing tone, hoping it just enforces that he's safe

I did find out though that pets in the corridor and entry bit should be kept on a leash [emoji848] just wondering how to proceed as I really cba with a neighbour fight.
I have started closing my bedroom door which seems to drown out a bit of the noise and everytime I hear her door I tend to talk to Zeus in a soothing tone, hoping it just enforces that he's safe

I hope you can get her to keep her dogs on a leash in the corridor, like she has to, without it causing any neighbour drama. I'm glad closing your bedroom door helps a little. I hope your reassuring Zeus that everything's okay when he hears the door slam and the dogs running around will make him feel safer after a while. Poor boy.

I hope you can get her to keep her dogs on a leash in the corridor, like she has to, without it causing any neighbour drama. I'm glad closing your bedroom door helps a little. I hope your reassuring Zeus that everything's okay when he hears the door slam and the dogs running around will make him feel safer after a while. Poor boy.
Thank you :) it seems to sometimes work and sometimes not. I'll just keep doing it and keep asking her nicely.

Sadly my flat is a classed as a studio, open plan lounge and kitchen, no door to the bedroom, even though it's a complete other room. The only place with a door is the bathroom [emoji15]Hahaha I did actually consider that [emoji1787] any bunny owner would understand though [emoji1787]

Yeah, it would be like the year my family put the christmas tree in the playpen because 4 of 8 children were 5 and under.

She sounds like the type that would not respond well if you reported her for violating the leash law.
Some people will fabricate stories to retaliate. Tread softly.

Last edited:
She sounds like the type that would not respond well if you reported her for violating the leash law.
Some people will fabricate stories to retaliate. Tread softly.
Yea that's why I'm not just jumping to it, I'm thinking maybe if I have her over for a coffee or dinner and maybe she can meet and fall in love with the bunnies and that might sway her mind :)

Back