• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Zeus's neutering

Thanks for update, you must feel exhausted ! Your vet sounds brilliant and very reassuring, glad you were able to see her. Sending lots of vibes for Zeus to be back to his normal self soon xx

Thanks for update, you must feel exhausted ! Your vet sounds brilliant and very reassuring, glad you were able to see her. Sending lots of vibes for Zeus to be back to his normal self soon xx
I do feel exhausted but like I won't be able to sleep :s
She was absolutely brilliant and so happy I chose her. I can 100% recommend her.
Thank you for the vibes :)

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Good work getting him to the vet quickly. It must be good to see poos. Fluids likely helped lots.
Sending vibes that he will soon be kissing you again!

Last edited:
I'm sorry to read about Zeus's setback :( Poor lad :( Poor you too, I can imagine it was very worrying. I hope that he now continues to improve.

I agree with Jane and would ask for some pain relief if you haven't got any. It's usual to have in cases where the rabbit won't eat.

Sending him, and you, lots of vibes.

Thanks for the messages and vibes everyone.
He finally peed! Was on my pillow but it was a pee so I'm happy.
There's been lots of poop this morning as well and he's eaten hay during the night.

Did battle with him to give him his gut mobility meds this morning, but managed and as I'm typing he's just hopped into his litter tray and is munching hay.

The vet did give me pain meds when I picked him up on Monday, but it's only once a day and think I might've failed at properly giving him the meds yesterday. But last night the vet showed me how to hold him and give him the syringe meds properly on my own so I've managed to do it now.

Overall he's looking 100times better this morning than he did yesterday afternoon. I've taken the day off work as well so will be full focus on him today

Thanks for the messages and vibes everyone.
He finally peed! Was on my pillow but it was a pee so I'm happy.
There's been lots of poop this morning as well and he's eaten hay during the night.

Did battle with him to give him his gut mobility meds this morning, but managed and as I'm typing he's just hopped into his litter tray and is munching hay.

The vet did give me pain meds when I picked him up on Monday, but it's only once a day and think I might've failed at properly giving him the meds yesterday. But last night the vet showed me how to hold him and give him the syringe meds properly on my own so I've managed to do it now.

Overall he's looking 100times better this morning than he did yesterday afternoon. I've taken the day off work as well so will be full focus on him today

Spoken like a true rabbit carer :lol: At least he left it where you'd see it, no rummaging in litter boxes. Very considerate Zeus.

I'm sorry he had a set back but he's been brilliantly managed & it sound like he is fully back on track now

Sorry to hear he's been unwell: I've been enjoying the progress in this thread so I hope that takes up again :D

So glad he's recovering from the dip in his recovery.

It takes a while to get good at the syringing. My first tries I swear I used to wear more of it than what went in.

Luckily my buns all seem to love metacam and will eat it off a spoon. Think its sweet.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone :D
Hahaha yes I did have the confusion of upset but happy with pee on the pillow [emoji1787]
Oh he does not like the syringe or the meds at all, I even tried putting it on the banana but he refused the banana then [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33] but I think we've reached a compromise that if I put the banana in sight he will let me wrestle him into submission to take the meds and then allow me to grovel profusely with banana afterwards [emoji16]

The change in him has been absolutely amazing to watch! Can't believe he's so active now after being that bad yesterday. He's eating a lot more hay and has peed in his litter box now as well [emoji1787] the joys of a rabbit owner = seeing rabbit pee&poo.

He's even forgiven me enough to give my hand kisses :D :D :D he's also found a new fav spot under my desk [emoji173]
2d34360493963a47eb3a7cebd4df172b.jpg
ae1d8ef523c6f8d6ce8a3843f51a5e39.jpg

I absolutely love the banana strategy! I might have to hold that in reserve [emoji1787]

I also keep pouches of Ella's kitchen baby foods to hide things in.

Poor till lady got very confused when asking how my baby got on with them and I started talking about bunnies [emoji16]

I absolutely love the banana strategy! I might have to hold that in reserve [emoji1787]

I also keep pouches of Ella's kitchen baby foods to hide things in.

Poor till lady got very confused when asking how my baby got on with them and I started talking about bunnies [emoji16]

HAHAHAHA can just imagine the confusion [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
Not heard of that baby food but that's a good idea! Didn't think about that.

I'm so sorry he went downhill yesterday! I'm so glad he's feeling much better again, and glad that the vet continued to be wonderful as well. =)

I am so pleased that Zeus is improving. They can have a bit of a dip and you were fabulous acting on it so quickly. He just keeps on being amazing. xx

I am so glad your beautiful boy Zeus has made a large improvement. As Jane said pain meds are very important. IME even before a bunny appears dehydrated, they can dehydrate their gut contents making the material more difficult to pass. You did a brilliant job of assessing his condition and getting prompt help.
I am glad you found a way to get him to take the meds. Enjoy your day of bunny watching.

Back