• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Zeus's neutering

Phew! OK good to know and I'll relax a bit about the water.
Thanks again [emoji16] really appreciate everyone's feedback and help [emoji173]

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

He's moved around more :D and finally gave me bunny kisses again [emoji3059][emoji3059][emoji3059]

He is going round chinning everything, even the hay in his litter tray [emoji848]

I'm very happy he's doing so well :D

I've blocked off the bedroom and put stuff on the couch so no jump temptations. Have my temporary little sleep area sorted in front of the couch and going to get some sleep now :)

Will update again in the morning [emoji16]

Hopefully he has continued to recover well overnight. As Omi said, he will have had a lot of fluids at the Vets so he won’t feel very thirsty for a while. He will also be getting some fluid intake from Veg :)

Had a bit of an eventful night. Woke up around 1am and he was nowhere to be found in the lounge [emoji33] after a frantic 30min search and calling rattling his favourite snack I found him sleeping under my bed in the corner where he used to sleep just after I got him. He had managed to squish past the blockade [emoji33] after finding him there I moved everything(my sleeping stuff) to my room, removed the blockade and went to bed.

Around 3am woke up again by him deciding to chew on some cardboard boxes I have under my bed.

Around 5am woke up from my gerbils in the lounge thumping, found zeus in his litter box munching hay. The gerbils cage is next to his area so they tend to thump at him a few times [emoji16]

7am gave up sleeping as the gerbils were rattling their cage bars, zeus was obliviously sleeping under my bed.

He's eaten his breakfast and have had some facerubs and now he's flopped next to his food bowl.
Think his recovery is going well :D :D
a1208be1827502b142487e0b39a1d03f.jpg

I'm pleased that Zeus is making a good recovery :) He's been very brave. That look in your last pic is saying to me that he really would think it awfully nice of you if you didn't take him back to have any more bits taken away :lol:

I'm pleased that Zeus is making a good recovery :) He's been very brave. That look in your last pic is saying to me that he really would think it awfully nice of you if you didn't take him back to have any more bits taken away [emoji38]
Hahaha yes think you're right, not sure how I'm going to convince him that Thursday is only a checkup and not a removal of anything [emoji848]

It does sound like he's recovering well! Already feeling well enough to get past your blockade and give you a scare! Also, oh my gosh, that photo is so cute.

It does sound like he's recovering well! Already feeling well enough to get past your blockade and give you a scare! Also, oh my gosh, that photo is so cute.
Yea I agree, think his recovery is going well :D
Thanks [emoji16] did make me awww out loud when I saw him do the flop by his bowl

Sorry for the radio silence everyone. Unfortunately things went a bit downhill today :(
He had his breakfast and slept the whole morning, lunchtime had his meds and then slept again the whole afternoon.
I realised around 17:30 that he'd still not had any water and he'd not actually eaten any hay. And then when I checked his litter box he hadn't used it at all. I searched through the house and he'd not peed anywhere and there were only very few poops.
I phoned the vet and she had me bring him in. Turned out his gut had slowed to almost stasis and he was a bit dehydrated, she said it's really very good that I had brought him in.
She gave him some meds to get his gut moving, some fluids and gave me meds to give to him tomorrow for his gut. Also gave me recovery food and talked me through how to do everything, she was really great.
Said she'll phone me tomorrow around lunchtime as it all should have kicked in by then and we should be seeing improvement.

I'm now happy to report though that there's some poop and he's eaten some hay. He also seems less lethargic and more relaxed. Still going to be watching him closely tonight though and give the meds and recovery food as prescribed

Back