Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: larger carrier excitement

Default larger carrier excitement

I ordered a new carrier (in prep for moving) and I'm quite excited for it to arrive

I have the catit rn, which is a nice carrier..but theres just no way to put a water bottle on it. travelling 5 hours I want there to be a water option at least. you can put the bowl in but with being carried around..its just gonna get everywhere tbh. I've been fiddling all day even trying to tape it on but there's just no nice way for me to do that so I gave up!

I ordered the ferplast atlast 10, as I liked it for the opening top, and the large holes so I can keep an eye on them, + feed them snacks they probably won't like them but oh well. I'll probably put a blanket over it to make it more secluded, but it allows me to see in easier.

others were just too secluded and no way to see in / keep an eye on them / feed snacks

I thought it looked pretty neat

+ it will come in on Sunday, and the agency said the carpets should be done by this week so maybe we can move next week
    Last edited by binkyCodie; 21-08-2020 at 12:34 PM.

Wise Old Thumper

It's also nice and airy Especially as it could possibly still be hot and humid when you move, it will make the journey more comfortable. I've got the Catit too and it can get very hot. It will also mean they will be able to smell you more easily.

Exciting

Looks nice and sturdy, bet you're getting excited now BC
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    It's also nice and airy Especially as it could possibly still be hot and humid when you move, it will make the journey more comfortable. I've got the Catit too and it can get very hot. It will also mean they will be able to smell you more easily.

Exciting
    yeah! I liked that honestly, allows lots of breathability, but also I could wrap a blanket over it if its cooler to help them if necessary. I want to be able to see them easily & interact with them, as I know it will be of some comfort. especially for Luna. being blind this move is going to be very very hard for her, so I want her to be as comfy as she can be. being easily able to interact (well, easier), see her, her smell me, & so fourth is really important for me.

the catit can get really hot, yea its also clunky and hard to carry at times, I mean all carriers are but catit feels even more so as its very thick. I use the waterdish that came with it in the car, which is fine, but carrying them isn't going to float well with that. water everywhere!

+ with not having a car (since my mom drives me) I'll be having to take them via public transport to more places anyways, so having something that is more breathable & able to attach a water bottle to is vital. even tho the vets is a 15 minute walk from ours, I still want them to be able to drink if they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Pets mum View Post
    Looks nice and sturdy, bet you're getting excited now BC
    haha yeah I am! sorted out my stuff today and have my stuff in a box now, ready. all that is really left is liquorices food.. carefresh (but no biggie if we can't take it with), and clothes.

sucks as we still need to book the moving company but we don't have a firm date yet so we can't :/ they're waiting on an ETA from the carpet company of when they'll be done before they can give us keys.

it arrived today! a day early

its a bit smaller than I thought - but still fits both buns nicely (even better if I can get Ori to lose some weight...he's a bit fat )

Quote Originally Posted by binkyCodie View Post
    it arrived today! a day early

its a bit smaller than I thought - but still fits both buns nicely (even better if I can get Ori to lose some weight...he's a bit fat )
    Great ! As long as they can both get in it . That's one less thing to worry about now, excited for you
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Pets mum View Post
    Great ! As long as they can both get in it . That's one less thing to worry about now, excited for you
    for sure, yeah! they both fit with some room to spare - I think having it snugger is nicer anyway as Luna is comforted by Orion's presence - she follows him around, bless her. she'll take on anything providing Ori is by her side & she can follow him. being young he gets a bit ahead of himself usually, and will run off to explore a new space (leaving Luna panicked), but always comes back for her I know this move will be hard on her, but with me & Orion I know we'll get her through it. she very much looks for me with comfort & is very different with me around, the attitude of "mom is here so I am fine"!

I'm sure you're going to be a lot happier and relaxed once you've moved, and she will pick up on that, so happy BC and happy bunnies !

I like the idea of being able to see in easily. The amount of ventilation looks good too for this weather, good luck with your move.