• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rebonding tonight update 7/4/19

It’s going really well I think. We’ve only had two lots of chasing in the pen in the last 15hours 1 nip and a tiny bit of fur pulling and a couple of attempts at humping but we’ve also had lots of flops sploofs and rolling around on their backs in litter trays.

I think Beauty is going to end up top bun because every time time Harlequin demands to be groomed Beauty ignores but then when Beauty demands some times Harlequin will give in. They are also spending quiet a bit of time together quiet close although Harlequin is in the litter tray and Beauty in the hide but pokes her head out over the side of the litter tray. They are eating together to.

I think we’re going in the right direction though.

They were an easy bond last time so I was thinking it was going to be a lot harder this time. It’s turning out not to be to bad though.

In the bathroom last night Harlequine kept coming fo cuddles and was really insecure. I’m not sure if that would have caused problems but obviously can’t be in the pen with her so I hope that’s helping a bit to in some way.

Currently beauty is all flopped out on the floor with Harlequin grooming her :D

150df3f9737a9c63142dbf61cec5522b.jpg
158396b9f9fb957f16f741c0fc4dfbdd.jpg
d77de26481947cbbbc463b6136f0ddb6.jpg

Sorry the last one is a bit blurry my daughter took the photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s going ok I think. I’m trying to stay away as much as possible ( they are in the livingroom so can see them all the time) because Harlequine has started grooming me every time I go near enough for her to do it which is new (but think it may have been from the stress in the bathroom) and Beauty gets really grumpy although no agression.

I gave fiber first sticks this morning to each and found them one at each end chewing away on one of them looking perfectly happy :D

May give them half the downstairs of the pen tomorow.

2f6faf32b8cae9f4b87c6a148b936541.jpg

Fiber fist are a big favriot with the girls look how I found them scoffing them this morning [emoji16]

As for the bonding we’ve had no nips or fur pulling for the last 24hours but they are sitting together more and more. Harlequin now grooms beauty without it being demanded but she also demands to be groomed and gets it from Beauty. Flops all round this morning [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks every one.

They got part of the downstairs for expansion this morning and added a tunnel and couple of twigs and grass ball. There was a bit of chasing through the tunnel but I think this was play as there was no agression or posesivness so I’m happy with Them having it. Will add the other half of downstairs if all goes well for the next 48hrs.

Thanks zoobec.

Iv just had to remove the tunnel as they kept chasing through and around it. Although there was no agression I wasn’t happy about the frequency and Harlequin wasn’t to happy about being chased either. So they still have the space just no tunnel. Hopfully it will stop now.

Sounds like a good move. Hopefully they will settle without having to reduce space again. Have you got plenty of their favourite food to pile up in the middle to encourage them to eat together and settle?

I hadn’t thought of putting food down to bring them together and have been being wary over not over feeding them but will try it now. The chasing has got slightly more oftern but there’s still no agression so I’m happy for them to keep the space for now

Last edited:
Hope it’s gone well overnight. I always use favourite hay, dried forage and herbs in a pile in the middle to encourage them to eat together:thumb:

Morning. Thank you for asking,

They always eat really well together and they are still laying togdther some times. They had a couple of chases during the night that woke me up. I’m going to not start counting the 48hrs untill they can have the next part of the pen untill the chasing has stopped again. It’s still not frequent enough for me to take away the space at the moment but if it’s not stoped by tonight I might do and just start over again.

Morning. Thank you for asking,

They always eat really well together and they are still laying togdther some times. They had a couple of chases during the night that woke me up. I’m going to not start counting the 48hrs untill they can have the next part of the pen untill the chasing has stopped again. It’s still not frequent enough for me to take away the space at the moment but if it’s not stoped by tonight I might do and just start over again.

This is how I do it :thumb:

Are they definitely chasing and not just running around binkying? I kept hearing noises like chasing but when I looked on bunnycam it was Fern dashing and binkying in the bonding pen :love:

I’m glad my instincts on what to do are ok. Some times it’s chasing but othe times it’s like Harlequin just runs because Beauty is heading towards her. They are in the livingroom so I can see most of the time.

I have to go out as my daughter has developed a pronounced limp with her broken toe. I don’t think the girls will attack each other but I’m nervous about leaving them when I’m not here.

Back