• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rebonding tonight update 7/4/19

Fingers crossed, it sounds really positive :thumb:

This is looking so good now.

Thank you.

I’m still really being cautious and sleeping on the sofa. Last night there was quiet a bit of chasing in the early hours.

They got their breakfast and Beauty dragged off a bundle of herbs almost as big as her self scoffed it and then flopped after munching it all and keeping Harlequin away. It was so comical to watch. She did leave Harlequin some but there was no squabbling

Harlequine keeps trying to dig through the sheet covering the pen. She’s not done this before. There’s been no chasing this morning nor any nipping or bullying from Beauty so I’m at a loss as to why she is doing this unless she’s had enough of being in an enclosed space :(

Wondering if Harlequin is getting stressed with the bonding proses?

She had not eaten much for a bit and had to had small poops. Iv been handfeeding her hay and fiber first through the bars of the pen and her poops increased in size again but I think she’s fed up and as soon as I stop hand feeding she may stop eating again :(

Seems every time is going ok some thing happens.

Would you seperate in this situation?

Wondering if Harlequin is getting stressed with the bonding proses?

She had not eaten much for a bit and had to had small poops. Iv been handfeeding her hay and fiber first through the bars of the pen and her poops increased in size again but I think she’s fed up and as soon as I stop hand feeding she may stop eating again :(

Seems every time is going ok some thing happens.

Would you seperate in this situation?

Oh dear :( I really don't know :(

Does she have any output at all? Do you think separating will help? Or maybe a vet visit? It's so hard to tell, if they're getting on I wouldn't want to necessarily separate.. But obviously output is so much more important :( not very helpful am I.. [emoji38]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

She had output and was nibbling tiny bits. I didn’t want to seperate if I could help it so I opened up the whole pen to them and the difference was immediate once she got down to the bottom. She’s been binkying in a 6ft by 3ft spaceand is now eating although we’ve had one chase they are so much happier but they chase when ever they get more space. I think it’s going to be a long drawn out thing for these two working out who’s going to be top bun.

I agree with Graciee - monitor the output and make sure she is eating. If not, then this is the first thing to address. Please keep us updated - sending loads of vibes to Harlequin.xx

She had output and was nibbling tiny bits. I didn’t want to seperate if I could help it so I opened up the whole pen to them and the difference was immediate once she got down to the bottom. She’s been binkying in a 6ft by 3ft spaceand is now eating although we’ve had one chase they are so much happier but they chase when ever they get more space. I think it’s going to be a long drawn out thing for these two working out who’s going to be top bun.
Ah I'm glad she's eating more that's great :) a little bit of chasing it it dissolves naturally into nothing it's fine imo :) Atticus and Clementine were like that for ages, aslong as it resolves itself kinda quickly I think that's just part of it honestly :)

You're doing a really great job :) x

I agree with Graciee - monitor the output and make sure she is eating. If not, then this is the first thing to address. Please keep us updated - sending loads of vibes to Harlequin.xx

We would have been down the vets if she hadn’t eaten when I hand fed. If she stops again it will be straight to the vets without a second thought. I think she finds the bonding really stressfull. In the begining she was throwing herself at walls and in the bathroom [emoji20] now she’s doing zoomies and binkying around both floors of the pen [emoji16] They’ve been cooped up a week now [emoji20] I’d be feed up just in the livingroom for a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah I'm glad she's eating more that's great :) a little bit of chasing it it dissolves naturally into nothing it's fine imo :) Atticus and Clementine were like that for ages, aslong as it resolves itself kinda quickly I think that's just part of it honestly :)

You're doing a really great job :) x

Iv come to expect the chasing now and I’m much more calm about it having experienced it a few times so unless there’s a fight or lots of agression I’m not reducing the space again. Thank you for sharing your experiances through this joury it really helps.

105ac8cbfed6c9182a02c3701f77ed5f.jpg

This has to be a good sign [emoji16]and now they are sharing a litter tray both eating [emoji16]

Quick question for anyone who is reading. Oat hay seems to have a bad effect on the girls. If given more then a handful between the two of them poops get noticbly smaller and darker. Does any one else experiance this?

Iv come to expect the chasing now and I’m much more calm about it having experienced it a few times so unless there’s a fight or lots of agression I’m not reducing the space again. Thank you for sharing your experiances through this joury it really helps.

This has to be a good sign [emoji16]and now they are sharing a litter tray both eating [emoji16]

That looks great [emoji7][emoji7]

Quick question for anyone who is reading. Oat hay seems to have a bad effect on the girls. If given more then a handful between the two of them poops get noticbly smaller and darker. Does any one else experiance this?

Not personally experienced that actually, they do eat it though..?

Colour can change depending on what they eat that doesn't bother me too much, but smaller isn't great.. Altho when eating grass poops seem smaller... Hard to say, if you don't think it agrees with them atm I'd leave it out, you've got a lot going on with the bonding, maybe try again when the bond is calmer :) x

Aww look at them!! <3 <3 xx

They certainly look relaxed together :love: I’ve not noticed that with oat hay with my bunnies, but darker poops sometimes happen when mine have greens or greener hay. If you feel like it’s a problem I’d reduce it and possibly mix in with other hay :thumb:

They go nuts for the oat hay so I mix in small bits with litter box hay now and as it’s much less and more spaced out it doesn’t have the same effect. I was just wondering about other people’s experiances with it. Colour doesn’t really bother me to much it was the smaller poops.

thank you. That’s them behaving for once :lol:

We’re on the way to the vets. Harlequin stopped eating again and really isn’t her self now and Beauty isn’t quiet right either :(

Both havnt been eating as much as usual and has looked down since about lunch time. I got so worried I picked her up out of the pen and got covered in fur within seconds so she’s started her first molt as well. I tried hand feeding forage and fiber first which never get turned down but the only thing she would eat we’re cranberries. She also has this place on her underneath that makes her go crazy in a bad way :(

Beauty nibbled on a fiber first stick but not with the same enthusiasm as usual and kept leaving it. She also hasn’t eaten much today but I can’t tell if she’s moulting as she hates being touched.

We’re on the way to the vets. Harlequin stopped eating again and really isn’t her self now and Beauty isn’t quiet right either :(

Both havnt been eating as much as usual and has looked down since about lunch time. I got so worried I picked her up out of the pen and got covered in fur within seconds so she’s started her first molt as well. I tried hand feeding forage and fiber first which never get turned down but the only thing she would eat we’re cranberries. She also has this place on her underneath that makes her go crazy in a bad way :(

Beauty nibbled on a fiber first stick but not with the same enthusiasm as usual and kept leaving it. She also hasn’t eaten much today but I can’t tell if she’s moulting as she hates being touched.

Oh dear sending vibes and I hope all is okay

Oh no :( sending lots of vibes, keep us updated xxx

Back