• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rebonding tonight update 7/4/19

Harlequin has bad spurs. She’s only 5 months :( I will be syringe feeding every two hours and back at my vets tomorow for her to be seen again and decide what needs to be done. Sub cut fluids pain relief and gut stimulants given. Blood glucose indicated no blockage but not many gut sounds and temp taken which was fine. Harlequin is such a stress prone rabbit with new enviroments that although the vet would have usherly admitted any other rabbit in her condition he thought she wouldn’t survive the night throug stress but would do much better with me at home.

Beauty has had gut stimulants but isnt half as bad. Just have to get her eating more but she to has spures just no where near as bad as Harlequins but she will also be seen by the vet tomorow.

Oh I'm so sorry to read this. That's sad when they are so young and have a good diet with lots of hay :( Sending them both lots of vibes, especially Harlequin, for tonight and also for their vet review tomorrow.

Sending you lots of hugs. You must be so stressed with all of this :(

Oh I'm so sorry to read this. That's sad when they are so young and have a good diet with lots of hay :( Sending them both lots of vibes, especially Harlequin, for tonight and also for their vet review tomorrow.

Sending you lots of hugs. You must be so stressed with all of this :(

Thank you.

It makes me question every thing I do diet wise. Am I giving to many hurbs or to much forage am I causing it ect I feel like putting them on a strict hay only diet right now :( I’m devistated with this was not expecting it at all as there’s been no lead up to it apart from yesterday. I’m now going to have to seperate them which I really don’t want to do because they were getting on so well and even today Beauty was sitting beside harlequin and there’s been no chasing since I woke.

I’m hoping this won’t keep happening although I know it’s likly it will.

Will update when I have more news

Harlequin has bad spurs. She’s only 5 months :( I will be syringe feeding every two hours and back at my vets tomorow for her to be seen again and decide what needs to be done. Sub cut fluids pain relief and gut stimulants given. Blood glucose indicated no blockage but not many gut sounds and temp taken which was fine. Harlequin is such a stress prone rabbit with new enviroments that although the vet would have usherly admitted any other rabbit in her condition he thought she wouldn’t survive the night throug stress but would do much better with me at home.

Beauty has had gut stimulants but isnt half as bad. Just have to get her eating more but she to has spures just no where near as bad as Harlequins but she will also be seen by the vet tomorow.
Oh my goodness :( I'm so sorry :(

I hope they can sort both their spurs out, sending vibes and hugs xx

Thank you.

It makes me question every thing I do diet wise. Am I giving to many hurbs or to much forage am I causing it ect I feel like putting them on a strict hay only diet right now :( I’m devistated with this was not expecting it at all as there’s been no lead up to it apart from yesterday. I’m now going to have to seperate them which I really don’t want to do because they were getting on so well and even today Beauty was sitting beside harlequin and there’s been no chasing since I woke.

I wouldn't blame yourself at all, honestly you're doing everything right :(

Are they both nethies? They look nethie like.

I’m so sorry:cry: unfortunately despite a good diet some rabbits need regular dentals, especially shorter rounder faced rabbits like your bunnies and my Frosty:cry: it’s not your fault:cry:

Sending lots of vibes and hugs xx

Graciee- yes both Nettie crosses.

We just never seem to spend more then 3 weeks away from a vet.

Just making up some syringe feed from pellets and realise I have no baby food and can’t get out to get any :(

Harlequin is just sitting in her litter tray not moving or any thing :(

Thank you.

I very much doubt that it's diet related and think it's much more likely to be the shape of their jaw. It might be worth discussing with the vet tomorrow whether he thinks a skull x-ray might be beneficial.

Are you sure you need to separate? Are they chasing or is it because you want to monitor their output?

Graciee- yes both Nettie crosses.

We just never seem to spend more then 3 weeks away from a vet.

Just making up some syringe feed from pellets and realise I have no baby food and can’t get out to get any :(

Harlequin is just sitting in her litter tray not moving or any thing :(

Have you got some herbs or something like an apple that you could whizz up in the blender and mix with the syringe feed to make it more tasty?

Have you got some herbs or something like an apple that you could whizz up in the blender and mix with the syringe feed to make it more tasty?
Yea apple or bananas you could whizz up and add some water to make an apple or banana liquid :)

I very much doubt that it's diet related and think it's much more likely to be the shape of their jaw. It might be worth discussing with the vet tomorrow whether he thinks a skull x-ray might be beneficial.

Are you sure you need to separate? Are they chasing or is it because you want to monitor their output?

I will ask about the X-ray tomorow as I need to know if there is any thing indicating what’s going on.

Iv had to seperate because I need to tempt her to eat and I need to know what she’s eating. Beauty is improving with the gut stimulants and if she gets back to eating properly then she will just scoff it all.
Currently there is herbs cranberries fiber first dandelions mixed flower forage and 3 types of hay. All the treats she never refuses and she’s just sitting in her tray doing nothing. There wasn’t even a fight for the syringe feed which usherly she hates even after the spay she fought me over it.

Just wanna burst into tears.

On the better side Beauty is eating a bit more and I can see some output so that’s good.

Ohhh I never thought of that. I have loads of herbs In the fridge and apples. I will give both a go. Thank you both

Beauty has picked up quiet a bit and wont leave Harlequins side which is cute. Harlequin was scaring me as she had this given up look on her face and really was just in her litter tray then half hour ago she suddenly started attacking and eating the grass tunnel and since then she’s been zooming and munching non stop and we have poops. It’s such a relief

Beauty has picked up quiet a bit and wont leave Harlequins side which is cute. Harlequin was scaring me as she had this given up look on her face and really was just in her litter tray then half hour ago she suddenly started attacking and eating the grass tunnel and since then she’s been zooming and munching non stop and we have poops. It’s such a relief
I'm so glad :')

Beauty just attacked harlequin for eating the herbs Iv put in the pen so I’ve seperated them and I think that will be the end of bonding for the time being or possibly for good. I have found it so stressfull I’m leaning towards letting them both have a room each and they will be able to to see each other through the pen walls and the gate at the livingroom door where there is a chicken wire gate. I also don’t have the money to add in new friends to the equation and Harlequin wouldn’t do well with bonding with a new friend in a neutral space either as changes of scenery means she throws her self at walls through stress and as the pen is two levels and one will have a base in the top and the other in the bottom it wouldn’t be easy to add friends either. I’m just so emotionally drained by it all and feeling like Iv failed them both.

I’m glad they are both eating and pooping. You haven’t let them down, often even in fully bonded pairs one will attack the other or become aggressive if the other one is ill or off colour. If they can’t be bonded in future your plan seems a reasonable one given that they are house bunnies and I think you are at home a lot to give them attention.

Hugs xx

Tables seem to have changed. Beauty is now not pooping as much and they are small but she wasn’t given the same meds last night as she wasn’t as bad as Harlequin. We have a vets apointment for 10:30 this morning.

We spend only a couple ( at most 4 hours) out five days a week. I know Harlequin thrives on human attention and is quiet a cuddly bunny when well so I know she will be ok. I’m not so sure with beauty how ever but I’m hoping she will trust more again in time and of course I provide as much enrichment as possible through brought and home made toys and spending time with her.

I just feel so sad that this has happened.

Back