• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

RVHD2 - The Healthy Pet Club

SandyBunny

Young Bun
Anyone who uses this service, The Healthy Pet Club announced RVHD2 has now been added, so there won't be an additional charge for it anymore. This went live on their service in January. So vets don't have a excuse to not order it in for patients anymore. ;)

I saw the leaflets last week at the vets and missed it by 2 weeks but am glad we got it done when we did.

Nice to not have to worry about finding the money for them now. I think price of the healthy pet club has gone up by a pound so is £10.99 a month but £12 instead of nearly £50 each rabbit. Good saving.

Is it just certain vets that do it?

We have been to 3 diffrent vets in the last 8 weeks and they all did some thing similar. I know there are two diffrent company’s but the benifits are about the same now the RVHD2 has been added to the healthy pet club

We have been to 3 diffrent vets in the last 8 weeks and they all did some thing similar. I know there are two diffrent company’s but the benifits are about the same now the RVHD2 has been added to the healthy pet club
Ah I see, I've no idea if my vets offers it [emoji38]

I see :) so the idea is you pay 12£ a month and get both vaccinations "free"? Once a year? So 12£ per bun per month?

You get vaccinations, nail trims, a bottle of rear guard, health check 10% off all services and treatments and you can choose between a bag of burgess hay with forage in it or ( I think ) a 2kg bag of science selective every month for each bun. Tere may be other things but I can’t remember more off the top of my head.

One is called the healthy pet club and the other ( I think is ) healthy pet club so can get quiet confusing the real difrence between the two used to be the RHD2 vaccine

8d4ec0b321b86443e2d6721c935cc828.jpg

Just found my leaflet. ( it’s an old one but the only difference in benifits to the new leaflet is the second vaccine) I use the healthy pet club.

Missed a few things off.

I’ll see if I can find the other company and screen shot the benifits to post. I think most vets do one or the other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems very expensive to me! My vets do a free dental check, and I wouldn’t use rearguard, certainly not as a routine thing, so for me, it would work out much more expensive to pay a monthly fee than one off paying for the vaccines.

It seems very expensive to me! My vets do a free dental check, and I wouldn’t use rearguard, certainly not as a routine thing, so for me, it would work out much more expensive to pay a monthly fee than one off paying for the vaccines.

Might be to YOU. But depends on each individual vet clinic as some are more expensive. I go to Springfields who are natorious for being over priced as they charge £40 just for the RVHD2 and £30 for the others, so that’s £70!, so works out cheaper for me. My vets don’t offer rearguard as routine thing anyway, again that’s down to the vet.

Can I ask why you wouldn’t use the rearguard?

I asked the vet about it today at post spay appointment and he said he would always recomend it in the summer months. Just want to make sure I do the right thing.

RVHD2 vaccine is £47 and £36 for the combined one. Am nervous about clipping nails so we get that done to we’ve had free micro chip and 20% off of neutering so have already saved on what will pay over this year.

Might be to YOU. But depends on each individual vet clinic as some are more expensive. I go to Springfields who are natorious for being over priced as they charge £40 just for the RVHD2 and £30 for the others, so that’s £70!, so works out cheaper for me. My vets don’t offer rearguard as routine thing anyway, again that’s down to the vet.

Yes, my vets charge similar for vaccinations. I think it was £38 for the rvhd2. But that’s still ‘only’ £70 instead of £120 if it’s £10 a month, and I wouldn’t use anywhere near that amount of pellets, and prefer to order my hay elsewhere. But it’s very much down to individual choice of course.

I asked the vet about it today at post spay appointment and he said he would always recomend it in the summer months. Just want to make sure I do the right thing.

RVHD2 vaccine is £47 and £36 for the combined one. Am nervous about clipping nails so we get that done to we’ve had free micro chip and 20% off of neutering so have already saved on what will pay over this year.

I’ve never used rearguard, even when I had outdoor rabbits. Just that I prefer not to use chemicals unless absolutely necessary. So I go for other methods of reducing the risk of fly strike, keeping litter trays clean, checking bottoms for any poop stuck on, avoiding over feeding pellets etc so as not to produce excess caecals. And I used netting to keep flys out and citronella oil on a cloth hung well out of reach of rabbits from the shed roof.

I’ve not had a rabbit that’s needed neutering/spaying for some years (done in rescue before I got them) so that discount is not of any use to me personally. And my vets charge £5 for a nail clip, I get Frosty’s done when he’s in for a dental, because he is too clever, he hides his feet between my legs when I get the clippers out:lol:

I know you asked Zoobec and not me, but I'll answer anyway :)

I have never used it, and wouldn't use it, because I have known of adverse reactions is some of the rescue rabbits I have rehomed (where vets have recommended it). On balance, if your rabbits are at risk, then it might be a good idea. For example if they are elderly, cannot clean themselves properly, are incontinent and are kept outside. That said, I would still not use it.

ETA - cross-posted with Zoobec!

I know you asked Zoobec and not me, but I'll answer anyway :)

I have never used it, and wouldn't use it, because I have known of adverse reactions is some of the rescue rabbits I have rehomed (where vets have recommended it). On balance, if your rabbits are at risk, then it might be a good idea. For example if they are elderly, cannot clean themselves properly, are incontinent and are kept outside. That said, I would still not use it.

ETA - cross-posted with Zoobec!
Yes I won't use rearguard!

I use that other stuff.. F10 or something.. On Atticus because well he's a target.. Healthy bun with no issues I won't use anything, has to be a serious reason for me to spray chemicals on their bum [emoji38]

Mine charge about the same for vaccinations, a bit more infact, I'm still not sure it'd be worth it for me - if it is for you tho, that's great :)

Yes I won't use rearguard!

I use that other stuff.. F10 or something.. On Atticus because well he's a target.. Healthy bun with no issues I won't use anything, has to be a serious reason for me to spray chemicals on their bum [emoji38]

I think F10 is lethal stuff :lol:
I've seen so many burns caused by it - very caustic. But I also know lots of folk who use it.

You have to tread carefully and make your own mind up with all these things, having researched it etc ...

Back