• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Slugs.....arrrrh!

They keep getting in my rabbits hutch at night. We keep finding them in the food bowl late evening. I put a line of salt round the hutch the other night which seemed to work .

I would say try tin foil, it tickles the under side of slugs and snails and they don't like crawling on it. I had a problem with slugs when I was growing pumpkins one year so all the pumpkins that grew I place onto tinfoil and I never had a problem with them eating them :thumb:

I would say try tin foil, it tickles the under side of slugs and snails and they don't like crawling on it. I had a problem with slugs when I was growing pumpkins one year so all the pumpkins that grew I place onto tinfoil and I never had a problem with them eating them :thumb:

Good tip, I will try that :thumb:

(Your Maisy is the cutest :love:)

copper wire works or copper tape it works the same like a small shock that deters them. The had a bloody field day with my cabbages, i ended up ripping them up and growing more because butterflies had layed eggs all over them and hatched.

We have a few humane methods that mean no one has to die-

Copper tape, though expensive, is brilliant
Coffee grounds and broken eggshells around plants is pretty effective
Beer traps work but are so gross. At least they die happy. I ain't emptying them, though.

They keep getting in my rabbits hutch at night. We keep finding them in the food bowl late evening. I put a line of salt round the hutch the other night which seemed to work .

I have this problem too, makes me fume when I occasionally find them on Hoppity or Hector's coats. I've tried everything, beer, salt, organic pellets, coffee grounds, seaweed, grapefruit, hair from dogs coat after brushing and copper wire. The copper wire does work but I'd need hundreds of feet due to rabbit hutch and run setting. They eat everything, even ate all my Rosemary last year. They climb up my door and windows at night, it's like a slug horror film in my garden. I live in a village and seems to be a problem all over.

I have this problem too, makes me fume when I occasionally find them on Hoppity or Hector's coats. I've tried everything, beer, salt, organic pellets, coffee grounds, seaweed, grapefruit, hair from dogs coat after brushing and copper wire. The copper wire does work but I'd need hundreds of feet due to rabbit hutch and run setting. They eat everything, even ate all my Rosemary last year. They climb up my door and windows at night, it's like a slug horror film in my garden. I live in a village and seems to be a problem all over.

Oh my God I couldn't live there :shock:

They must have some jaws to munch through your rosemary.

London slugs are obviously far too namby pamby :roll:

Back