• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fibafirst changed?

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
I had a box of fibafirst and the sticks mabel carries off in mouth the older bag they where thinner, now the new box the sticks are a lot thicker and she doesn't seem as bothered at first in wanting to grab one and run, looked at other boxes in the shops and they all now have the thicker ones in did they change recipe and why are they much thicker as the queen needs to know :lol:

I started a new box about three weeks ago and haven't noticed any difference. Does the box look different? Poor Mabel, you can't rely on anything to stay the same these days :lol:

Haven't noticed any difference with the boxes I have but I tend to buy four boxes at a time so haven't got any new ones for a few months.

Bought some a couple of days ago and haven't noticed a change. Always possible they're phasing something in though I guess. Hope not!

Definitely changed. Older ones were rounded and more random. Newer ones are straight like long chips.

Definitely changed. Older ones were rounded and more random. Newer ones are straight like long chips.

yes this, its got to me having to break them smaller this morning just to make her eat them, the others she ran off with like a dog with a bone excited

Did you ever get a reply from Supreme?

I have a new style box now and Smudge doesn't seem to like them as much. He'll eat one, maybe two and then run off to eat hay instead, which means Mini ends up eating loads. Which isn't a huge problem at the moment, as she was a little underweight but I've decided to swap them over to the mature SS pellets in the long term. They're a rounder shape, more like Excel kinda shape and size, so I figure that should mean Smudge is less likely to choke on them.

I might write to Supreme as I now have three and a half boxes of fibafirst that they won't finish.

Back