• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Excel nuggets recipe change?

Orenoko

Mama Doe
I recently bought a new bag of Excel nuggets and Lilac just is not interested in them at all. Ate the last bag no issues, but as soon as I opened the new bag she turned her nose up. She will eat absolutely everything else - hay, veg, treats - no questions asked so I don't think there's anything wrong with her but it seems odd, I don't know if they've changed something in the recipe? I know they don't need nuggets as such so it's not the end of the world but she used to love her 8pm dinner time and now she seems so disappointed every day when I keep putting down these horrible nuggets lol.

Have you checked the date on the bag? Do they look OK? It may be a bad bag. I would be inclined to take it back / swap it for a fresh bag from a different batch. It happens sometimes if they've not been stored properly or got a bit damp. You may not be the only one with an issue, so it's always worth letting the supplier know as Lilac is fine with all other food.

Apparently the Adult Nuggets with mint recipe changed at the end of 2022. Can’t find a link to wear I read about it though, so I can’t provide evidence.

Have you checked the date on the bag? Do they look OK? It may be a bad bag. I would be inclined to take it back / swap it for a fresh bag from a different batch. It happens sometimes if they've not been stored properly or got a bit damp. You may not be the only one with an issue, so it's always worth letting the supplier know as Lilac is fine with all other food.

Never thought to check the date, will do that!

Apparently the Adult Nuggets with mint recipe changed at the end of 2022. Can’t find a link to wear I read about it though, so I can’t provide evidence.

Interesting, I would say she has selective tastes but she's like a hoover usually so that's clearly not the case! :lol:

Yeah - we had a couple of bouts of stasis as a result.

Vets were ready to have his teeth done 'til we tried him on a different flavour and he ate them as normal. Fussy ******.

Back