• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mia's diary

I know it looks from my pictures that she and I are both permanently glued to the sofa but she has actually been 'helping' me clean the playhouse and run today.
She also 'helped' with some gardening the other day
1B283A22-DC71-4823-923D-95D2324C4D81_zps0vztxoyk.jpg

We're having a movie night, although Mia is a little distracted from The Hobbit as my friend bought her some dreamies and now she is obsessed.

C13FF8EA-629D-4EF2-95E5-5480EE7F2ACD_zps9xprvzbe.jpg

Where are my dreamies? Can I have some dreamies please? now puny human!

Sorry I haven't updated my diary in a while, life has been hectic.......

6542E241-CE4A-4FAF-B64D-F2FDFEA3C4D3_zps66x2ne6l.jpg

:lol:

Actually, I have been spending lots of time outside sunbathing and I've also been honing my stalking skills. I've not come anywhere near catching a birdie yet but I live in hope!
Love, Mia x

Hello Mia.:wave:Life certainly looks very hectic judging from the picture!:lol:

My cats would agree a cats life is so busy,so many decisions to make-where shall I sleep now?;should I eat or have a nap?;is that bird worth stalking or shall I just have a snooze?

Hello Mia:wave:
I'm sorry you are finding life such a struggle - I have the same problems: bed or sofa, patio or pool of sunshine just inside patio doors. I can't even be bothered to pretend I'm watching the birds, although I did sneak a little look at the red kite hovering overhead. Love Shaolin x
(Bella saw your pic but just turned up her nose and made a sort of pfffttt sound - she really can behave like a spoiled brat.)

Don't tell Bella this but she is so funny trying to stalk birds! I've never seen a cat creep so slowly, she tries to sneak up on them from 10 feet away but it takes her five minutes to move a foot by which time bird have safely moved on little knowing it was only 9 feet or 45 minutes away from certain doom :lol:

Sorry! Just saw this so nipped outside where she is currently engaged in a spot of ornithology but she didn't seem overly impressed with the interruption!

5734DD5B-7FD7-4D57-97E9-104A9668596B_zpsc3wjo32i.jpg

As for an update, she's doing really well and has figured out that if she sits on my bedroom windowsill she has an excellent view of the sparrows on the feeder so if she wakes up really early she goes and does that now although she has the occassional noisy game with mousie. They still go everywhere with her carried round in her mouth!

Last edited:
So pretty, so happy! :love:
Pleased to hear you are now getting longer nights! Wonder what will happen in the winter when she can't watch the birds - perhaps the early morning playtime habit will have been broken by then.;)
I've just got a tic off Bella - obviously picked up on one of her oh so many hunting trips. It took me quite a while to remember what I've done in the past - to cover in Vaseline for a couple of days to suffocate it, and then a little tug and off it comes. I think it may have been because I was a bit late putting on the Advocate.

All this rain has severely hampered my bird watching activities :(

Luckily I have my other hobby to fall back on whether the weather is bad....looking cute whilst sleeping

B6719905-E3D5-4E01-BD6E-37F039A789BB_zpsmizysbfh.jpg

:love: she is gorgeous :love:

she seems to sleep more than my Cleo who is a good sleeper when she isn't talking to the birds on the roof :roll:

love her pink toes they match her nose :lol::D

Awwww she is so cuuuuute! :love::love:

Also her paws are impressively clean! I don't think any of our 5 cats (at my mums) have had paws that clean since they were kittens!

Good morning Mia - yawn yawn. I'm sorry you're having such a hard time and that you are having to take all these power naps. X:love:

Well I have lots to update you on! On Monday Jo noticed I had a funny scab on my face and she thought it might be an infected whisker gland because it is at the bottom of one of my whiskers.
Unfortunately the vet saw straight away that I had actually been in a bit of a scrap with a neighbourhood cat. Yes, I am a wuss no more and you can tell Bella I am now a feisty puss with attitude (I am still scared of those bunnies but perhaps don't mention that bit)

And then last night I had a poorly tummy in the night so I'm not allowed any dreamies tonight which is usually my evening treat but I am having lots of cuddles so I suppose it's ok. The vet said even though I eat my dreamies every day as well as polishing off my food I am still the same weight I was in February, which just goes to show that all that outside exercise does me good.
Love, Mia x

Hello Mia. I'm sorry I've only just seen this - Bella and I have been so busy, me sleeping and 'her' eating caterfillas (think that's what Barb called them but not sure, I just saw wriggly and quickly left the room).

I hope you are feeling better now - I don't like to think of you having a poorly tummy as actually I am the sicky king, probably through having no teeth and gulping food down.

What are these dreamies things? Have heard you mention them before and wonder whether him and her are being deprived of something tasty.

Please pick your fights carefully in future to avoid getting hurt ... or being humiliated. I've picked mine - it is a tiny fluffy ball which I regularly get my teeth around. Her indoors calls it mousie, which is absolutely ridiculous, but she refers to everything I carry as mousie.

When Bella finally wakes up from her nap I'll tell her about your new found confidence. Actually I think she was aggressive towards you because she was frightened and jealous of a kitty bigger and prettier than her (hope she doesn't read this).

We love to hear from you - we still ooh and ahh when we see your pics, and have that little throat lump thing. We don't bother to show Bella. Lots of Love Shaolin xxx

I was poorly for a couple of days, mainly having to dash to the litter tray but was sick a couple of times too but I've now been 'wormed' which isn't as bad as its sounds, it's actually just a pink tablet and Jo put some paste in my food that settles tummies so I am all better. I have got my dreamies rations back too, they are apparently 'cat crack' but are very yummy treats.

I haven't tried eating any wriggly things like Bella but I do like to try and catch moffs when they fly round the garden at night, not caught one yet though so I'm not sure what I'd do if I did! Xx

Oh, I know those pills: we lead Barb a merry dance with those. Every 3 months is, we consider, too often and so warrants the loss of the odd one somewhere, anywhere, wherever ...
We've just had our monthly Advocate so have 2 weeks break before she attempts the Milbemax game.
As for moffs, you eat them. Same for worms, spiders, those dandilongies. Well, you and Bella can eat them, I just keep looking the other way. x

You know those photographs - naked baby on rug, designed to make you cringe - well, today I've been shown a pic of you, Mia, when you were a teeeny weeeny kitty. You were so pretty. It is on my iPad - but I can't get Photobucket to do anything at all so can't even upload to my bucket. Will try later - it is worth waiting for.

Back