• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Folding run recommendations anyone?

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Hi, can anyone recommend a decent folding run? Want a wood and mesh one so I can attach runaround, must be a decent size and sturdy but obviously not too big and heavy that it's difficult to fold and move (by myself!) I want to have a run that can be moved around the lawn so the rabbits can graze (and save me the job of mowing :lol:) in reletive safety. At the moment I have puppy panels attached to shed so I can just leave door open but this means they're not totally safe and I have to keep a close eye on them, meaning their time on the grass is limited. Plus it's difficult to move to give them new grass! They do such a good job keeping it down that I thought its daft to mow the lawn (one of my most despised jobs :lol:) when they can do it for me, and enjoy it and be healthier for it too :thumb: Obviously I know they can't be left in it when I'm not around, the runaround door will be blocked off when I'm not there :) For anyone that doesn't know they do have permanent access to a large aviary type run aswell :D

Moore space for pets on Facebook makes folding runs. I got one off amazon and it was quite good, but only 5ft x 4ft and I did screw it together as I felt it was a bit too flimsy and I was never going to fold it anyway.

I thought of doing this and like you would have to move it myself :roll: as hubby is a bit of a "can we do it In a bit man" :roll: never gets done :evil:

Then I thight of getting some casters that lift or drop to the floor I have seen them on furniture stuff :roll: couldn't find them :lol: still looking tho:D

I let them free range, the run is fixed and I mow or strim what's left now and again:oops:, my garden is a wildlife reserve :lol: and spider safe haven at the moment on places above bunny Binky height :oops::lol: Stu always has cob webs on him he jumps rather high between the BBQ and run and blackberry bushes :lol:

I thought of doing this and like you would have to move it myself :roll: as hubby is a bit of a "can we do it In a bit man" :roll: never gets done :evil:

Then I thight of getting some casters that lift or drop to the floor I have seen them on furniture stuff :roll: couldn't find them :lol: still looking tho:D

I let them free range, the run is fixed and I mow or strim what's left now and again:oops:, my garden is a wildlife reserve :lol: and spider safe haven at the moment on places above bunny Binky height :oops::lol: Stu always has cob webs on him he jumps rather high between the BBQ and run and blackberry bushes :lol:

I planned to bunny proof so they could free range but didn't finish what I was doing! Trouble is then though they're too busy running around and exploring instead of concentrating on the job of grass trimming :lol: so I still plan to allow them to free range when I've made sure the garden is secure enough, but thought this would be a good solution for when I'm around but not right there watching their every move!

Moore space for pets on Facebook makes folding runs. I got one off amazon and it was quite good, but only 5ft x 4ft and I did screw it together as I felt it was a bit too flimsy and I was never going to fold it anyway.

Thanks, they look good :thumb:

I wonder if the Hutch Man would like a challenge ?

Hmmmm this is someone that everyone would be Interested in ;)

Why mow the lawn she we have cute creatures that will happily do it for us ;):lol:

Posting a Thread NOW :shock: let's see

I can't remember the name of the seller but I bought a 6x4 run off eBay about 4 years ago for around £70. The wood is still going strong although it could do with a coat of stain now. I leave it out and set up all winter in the snow rain and everything and it's still strong. The only problem is I am going to have to replace two of the top hinges as they have rusted though not bad for 4 years of rain! It folds and is easy for me to carry. Only problem is I don't know who I got it off, I'll have a look on eBay to see if I can find something similar.

I can't remember the name of the seller but I bought a 6x4 run off eBay about 4 years ago for around £70. The wood is still going strong although it could do with a coat of stain now. I leave it out and set up all winter in the snow rain and everything and it's still strong. The only problem is I am going to have to replace two of the top hinges as they have rusted though not bad for 4 years of rain! It folds and is easy for me to carry. Only problem is I don't know who I got it off, I'll have a look on eBay to see if I can find something similar.

Hi thanks for your reply, I found some on eBay but it's always a risk with the quality so thought I'd ask on here first! :)

Personally I'm not a fan of fold up runs as I don't find them very sturdy, or if they are heavy, the joints break because they are too heavy to carry evenly. I ended up buying a set of castors from a diy store and I've put them onto a strip of wood with two bits of wood sticking up either side. When I want to move the run, I lift it up at one end, slip the castors underneath is so the run is 'locked' between the two bits of wood, and then pick up the other end and wheel it around.

Back