• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

crunchables monster

Rushrabbit

Young Bun
So I finally have my little bun home :) he is definitely a lion lop as both his ears have flopped. Must take more pictures!

He is a total crunchy pellet addict, though. I know he shouldn't have too many, and he gets timothy hay and greens too. Is it bad that he's so into them? He has a fibafirst stick as a treat too

mine love their pellets too they eat it all so fast! I would stick to a small handful a day though otherwise he will get overweight and not eat his hay.

Agree with the above. Baby rabbits need slightly more in the way of pellets than an adult but I still wouldn't feed ad-lib or he'll fill up on pellets and ignore the hay.

As soon as I put a handful in the bowl he has his head in crunching away! They're obviously tasty :p he does eat his hay but not as much as previous buns I've had.

What hay do you feed him at the moment? I'm wondering if we can recommend any other hay for him to try

He has timothy hay as a "food hay" and farm hay in his house, on his tray and generally everywhere cos he likes to fling it about and redecorate! I think he actually eats more of the farm hay.

Mine too seem to prefer the farm meadow hay to timothy hay. Do you collect him any wild forage? I collect mine hawthorn, brambles, grass, dandilions, vetch etc...they love it and its free!

Mine too seem to prefer the farm meadow hay to timothy hay. Do you collect him any wild forage? I collect mine hawthorn, brambles, grass, dandilions, vetch etc...they love it and its free!

I get him dandilions and fruit tree leaves, and he has the dried forage as well. He loves all that. :)

As soon as I put a handful in the bowl he has his head in crunching away! They're obviously tasty :p he does eat his hay but not as much as previous buns I've had.
You're lucky you have chance to put the handful in, mine all try to eat it out of my hands as I'm trying to put it in the bowl :lol::roll:

Mine prefer the farm hay too :thumb:

Would love to see more pics :)

Would love to see more pics :)

My phone is rubbish. But here he is (he has no idea why I suddenly needed him to sit still. He's not good at sitting still)

bunneh1_zps23ea9951.jpg

Back