• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those of you who spend £££ on Oxbow hay/American Timothy...

catherine09

Mama Doe
....honestly...try timothyhay.co.uk hay. The last batch I got the buns are actually going stir crazy for. They choose it over their pellets :shock:

It is of equal quality to Oxbow timothy and Alfalfa king timothy, and it's less than half the price :D

£22 incl delivery for 10kg :thumb::thumb::thumb:

(no I don't work for them - I just am amazed with the quality and price of it :lol:)

I fourth it!! Since i started buying this about a month ago, my buns won't eat any other hay!!! :shock: when i get through a bag week this isn't good!!!

I used to buy Oxbow for a discerning guinea pig, and she wouldn't touch that other stuff! Luckily I'd only bought a sample of it. :lol: Since I got the two piggies I have now, I'm not letting them get so much as a sniff of Oxbow as once they have it, there is no going back. :roll:

Last edited:
:wave: Thanks for the heads up!

PAH have had Excel Timothy Hay for £3 a kg. B+M Bargains have also started selling timothy hay for £1.99 a kg. I have yet to sample it as the bags they had looked a bit yellow. Will keep checking to see if the quality improves.

I'll be ordering some of this soon. Does it come in a box or a bag? If it's a box I should be able to get it delivered to work. How long does it usually take to arrive?

Is it opaque, so you can't see the hay? Sorry to be a pain in the bum, it's just if it's opaque I could probably get it delivered to work, but if you can see it is hay I don't think they will be very happy!

No you can't see what's in it :wave: it's White and woven.

Mine all love the timothy and rye from hay for pets, £16.00 delivered for 9.5kg.

How its the t&rye at the moment? Donny and Lola are being incredibly picky and aren't liking the very stalky timothy hay from timothyhay.co.uk ..! Or the ings.. or the meadow hay :roll:

Back