• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are there any other bunnies like this?

thumps_

Wise Old Thumper
There are no "problem" behaviours. He's just maybe a bit unusual. So I'm asking the forum.

a) I was once told that buns don't like to be stroked along the lower jaw line.
Not only does Benjie love this, tilting his head so I can do it more easily, but he also like to have the roots of his whiskers stroked, right on the muzzle.
After mega purrs he's so relaxed he's almost asleep!

b) He obviously likes several other people he knows quite well, & they like him. He goes right up beside them repeatedly, & will even jump on the sofa beside them (doesn't do that with me!),but as soon as they try to stroke him - he runs off. With me he'll stop anything, even eating, to come over to be stroked. He's a huge luvvabun. " people have no animals or regular contact with animals so it can't be that.

Any thoughts anybun!

Both mine like being stroked along the lower jaw line :) especially Lilly! She leans into my hand and purrs when I do it :love: it's a good job Harvey likes it, otherwise I'd have never found that abscess do early!

Not sure about b... When bunnies are being introduced though they can be happy enough to be near another bunny, but not always want to be groomed by them so maybe it's just this with your friends, not really threatened by them and likes them, but doesn't like and trust them as much as he does you do doesn't want to be vulnerable around them?

Both mine like being stroked along the lower jaw line :) especially Lilly! She leans into my hand and purrs when I do it :love: it's a good job Harvey likes it, otherwise I'd have never found that abscess do early!

Not sure about b... When bunnies are being introduced though they can be happy enough to be near another bunny, but not always want to be groomed by them so maybe it's just this with your friends, not really threatened by them and likes them, but doesn't like and trust them as much as he does you do doesn't want to be vulnerable around them?

Thank you very much Funnybunny.
I like your thoughts about b) & bonding behaviour. Benjie & I are definately bonded. We'd be "grooming each other" all day if I didn't have a human life to lead. As it is I go round with a permanent wet patch on the side of my trousers! Of course when we stroke them, they're accepting our scent on them. As they identify each other (& us) by scent, I suppose that after we've stroked them or they've been groomed, they go around telling the animal world- "everyone else you can smell on me is mine."

Also when I've been out foraging, Benjie sniffs the bottom of my clothes & shoes obsessively. I've often joked "Don't worry I've not been unfaithful!":lol:

Buster likes it too, his whole face with my thumb and fingers both sides of his head from his nose, along his jaw and finishing with his ears, it also seems the rougher I do it the more he likes it! He also likes the inside of his ears rubbed, I thought that was a bit odd :D

Yep, along the jaw, base of ears, I get head pressed into my hand and a paw in the air :lol:

I think they can ID individuals but it's not necessarily just trust, they know what they'll get off different people eg if they are good for a sniff, are likely to have food or give good nose rubs :lol:

I expect walking in fields is exciting as you'll pick up other animal smells, Scamp likes anyone's ankles if they've been walking in fields or hanging out with cats.

Back