• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding... the real thing! (Diary - Day 7) UPDATE bonding cat and bunny!

I'm currently in the process of bonding Blossom with my trio! :shock: It's so scary but going ok so far I think. Blossom is very defensive and nips the buns if she thinks they are going to hurt her. Jasper hates this and they fight, seriously, so I have to split them up. :( Tink was the same but has learnt to ignore her now and just hops off if Blossom nips her and Mischief is just lovely. He has actually let Bloss have her head under his chin. :) She nipped him a bit but nothing serious and he just hops away. :lol:

I am being really serious about it this time. I have a small pen set up in the dining room, took a lot to persuade my parents but they finally caved and they are inside :D Obviously the heat is turned off and they should be in here until Saturday. I will be sleeping in the room with them. :) I know it might not seem long to you but I am 14 and it is up to my parents if the buns come inside. When I move them back to the shed, I will watch them all day. I will gradually increase the buns space, I feel awful having them in such a small pen but if it means they will all benefit from it, which they will if they bond, then I think it's worth it! :D They will get lots of room. :)

So yeah, they are in a small run (which took me ages to clean :roll:) They have a big plastic tray in there and it fits perfectly :D That's full of hay. :) I have sprinkled pieces of apple everywhere and they have a water bowl. :) There's also a rattle to distract them from fights and bits of rolled up newspaper. ;)

Sooo... fingers crossed it will go well and I appreciate any good luck vibes you have spare. :D

Currently, Blossom is sat in the hay tray and the other 3 are sat staring at her.. :lol:

Last edited:
The trio were all having a wash and then Blossom copied them! :love: She keeps playing with the rattle too. :D This is good because at first, she just sat there looking terrified, now she seems happy in their company. :D

Errrrmmm .... this type of post MUST be accompanied with pictures!! ;)

:lol: ok then :p Blossom is the black and white dutch :D

DSCF1105.jpg

DSCF1104.jpg

DSCF1103.jpg

DSCF1101.jpg

DSCF1096.jpg

DSCF1095.jpg

Thanks, sadly Tink and Blossom had a latched on fight. :cry: It was so difficult to split them up. :( After checking them over, amazingly, they both seem fine :shock: They are back together now and don't worry, the computer is right next to the bonding pen so I can see them at all times.

Good luck :wave:

I have a message for your four, so can you turn the computer screen their way for a minute please?

You bunnies behave for your Mummy!!! She's tried very hard for you all!
Be friends and play nicely....then you can tell M&M and C&C how good it is to be a group when they try to get along in March!
Thankyou xxx
:lol:

Best wishes and good luck, you have four very cute bunnies that would look even cuter as a bonded group! :love:

Good luck :wave:

I have a message for your four, so can you turn the computer screen their way for a minute please?

You bunnies behave for your Mummy!!! She's tried very hard for you all!
Be friends and play nicely....then you can tell M&M and C&C how good it is to be a group when they try to get along in March!
Thankyou xxx
:lol:

aww the buns say this :D

Ok den, we wills twy our bestests :D We haves been good fow an houwer now wiv no fighten. :D I hopes dat we cans bees fwends and that M&M and C&C can be a gwoup of fwends too. :love:

Ooo, GOOOD LUCK!!!!!:D:D:D

My four had a latch on fight once two but I think as long as nobody is hurt persevering is the best option:D:D
They are such a gorgeous group!:love::love::love:

We've all got everything crossed!!:D:D:D:D

Good luck, are you on the floor? I've been on the bathroom floor for the last week :roll: They better not fight when they go into the shed, or else!! I haven't done all this for nothing :lol:

wow good luck, it looks promising so far and its good blossom is a bit more relaxed..

All fingers and paws are crossed here for you xx

Good luck, are you on the floor? I've been on the bathroom floor for the last week :roll: They better not fight when they go into the shed, or else!! I haven't done all this for nothing :lol:

Thanks :) Yep I'm sleeping on the floor next to them! :lol: I know what you mean, last time I attempted bonding, I thought they were fine, put them in the shed and hell broke loose! :cry: I must have increased the space to quickly and I don't think I had disinfected it the best I could. :oops: They were only together 6 hours so it's understandable I guess. ;)

Update- They have been together since 10 past 11 this morning so just over 8 hours! :D They were fighting quite a bit to begin with but seem much calmer now. :) The odd nip every now and then but nothing like before. :D

Things are sounding good :D Keeping up good bonding vibes here and I hope you can get a good nights sleep! :) x

Back