• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

White milky eye discharge,foster bun UPDATED 1/4/10

oooh oooh so has she actually let you keep him???? :thumb:

Hope the cream clears his eye up x

Yes he is officially adopted ;) he actually binkied and flopped today for the first time! That kind of clinched it :lol:

:wave: Hi Helen, yes he is mine now :D Just been bedding the two outdoors ones down he is nice and toasty and comfy, his eyes actually looked a bit better I think already and he is certainly not off his food :lol:Had a chat with them today and they said that whilst their little girl had said she wanted her bunny back they thought that she would forget about it and didn't actually spend that much time on him, I explained he was really happy and he was likely to need another rabbit etc etc and they agreed he would be better off with me. I celebrated by taking him to the vet poor thing, he seems in generally good health apart from needing the fucithalmic - I have ointment not drops, don't know if there is a difference:?

His name is Jungle at the moment - maybe because he is harlequin - I don't really want to keep that and was thinking maybe Jingle? Open to idea's :D

I might post a separate thread on Nessie's little swelling as I googled it but, it was coming up as common in cats:?

Thanks Helen x

Hooray! I am so pleased, for him and for you! He deserves to be with someone who will take proper care of him, like you! Its great that they were able to see sense and be reasonable about it, I expect lots of people in their situation wouldnt have.

I dont know what the difference between ointment and drops are - I have to put it under his eyelid, so maybe it is different.

Its funny when I first read it I read Jingle, not Jungle, and I thought ah thats a cool name, then when I re-read it was Jungle, I thought it was a little odd. Even though I havent seen him I think Jingle suits him!!! Lol, that doesnt make any sense!! :lol:

So you know you have to post a picture now dont you?! ;)

helen x

I am still waiting for a camera :roll: will be getting one soon though birthday at the end of April :D - There is a blurry phone pic somewhere on here I think under rabbit chat when I got him last week. He is a rex rabbit I think a mini rex as he isn't particularly large, he is harlequin colours quite dark, sort of cinnamon and spice colours, i think Jingle it is - it's not so different from what he is used to and it does suit him I think. He is very sweet, a bit hormonal but, very placid if you see what I mean. I have a really busy couple of weeks coming up - moving, then he will be neutered and so maybe in June I will look to adopt a little wife bun for him. Things are looking up for Jingle :D I think he knows it too ;)

I found the thread with the pic on, he is absolutely gorgeous! What a handsome bunny. Though of course we will need clearer pics when you get your camera!!! :D I am so glad things have worked out for the best.

Hope all goes well with the neutering and that his eyes clear up. It is so lovely to hear happy things. It must have been fate that this happened before you moved house.

Hope all goes well with the house move too! x

I found the thread with the pic on, he is absolutely gorgeous! What a handsome bunny. Though of course we will need clearer pics when you get your camera!!! :D I am so glad things have worked out for the best.

Hope all goes well with the neutering and that his eyes clear up. It is so lovely to hear happy things. It must have been fate that this happened before you moved house.

Hope all goes well with the house move too! x

Thanks Helen, yes there will be lots of pics soon, my old camera really has given up the ghost - and the phone is OK for some things when out and about but, not great for the buns - I will make up for it with lots of pics when I get my camera, the buns and RU will get sick of me :lol: Yes I believe in fate aswell, all things happen for a reason don't they. They aren't bad people just have a lot on with two kids, one isn't even 4 yet so busy busy and he was just sat in his hutch most of the time, they acknowledged it though so have done the right thing for him now. He will have a good life, don't think I want a foursome, would prefer two pairs and Ness and Gizmo are being bonded at the new place in a couple of weeks - it will be neutral to them both (maximising the potential of the situation) exciting times ahead:D

Back