• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Urgent help needed

Oh the other thing to add that if she is normally outdoor with others then it is a bit dodgy isolating her, it might be worth putting her back and monitoring her all night that way. Tricky as they will eat her food. You do need to monitor output aswell:? It's important she doesn't get too hot if she is an outdoor girlie - her temp sounds about right but, don't let her get cold or hot. Hopefully someone else can advise on this. I am concerned thinking they might fight if she does end up going to the vet be careful maybe take another one aswell.

OK I will do all that, thank you soo much, I'm going to get a warm towell and some cucumber now, I will come back and let you know more tomorrow after I get to the vets. xx

No she's not grinding her teeth x

OK well that is when they are really in pain aswell, although the moaning is probably her way of saying leave me, hope she picks up in the night do gently nudge her but go right down to her level and do it calmly and gently just push her bottom slightly to encourage rather than force, avoid picking her up - try and just slide your hand underneath to rub really gently, hope she starts munching or exploring and it works it's way out, if not get in quick at the vets won't you first thing - best of luck x

Sorry I'm only just updating you, the vet said it was a heart deffect and that there was nothing that could be done for her, he said it wasn't Gi or anything that I thought it was, she didn't eat a thing all night and slept on my stomach till this morning. I decided to have her put to sleep so that she didn't go through any pain near the end so she fell asleep in my arms. I've been watching all the other rabbits like hawks and listening to their heart beats, but they all seem fine. Thank you all for your help, just wish I had better news. God I wish I could stop crying. xx

:cry: Oh no what a shame, I am really sorry to hear that, poor little girl. I am really sorry, it sounds like there wasn't much more you could have done, it's very sad but, it sounds like it was peaceful at the end which is something. Sorry it wasn't good news for her. Hope you will take comfort in the others now and they will all be strong and healthy. x

Oh no, how sad. i was reading this thread last night and was hoping that she would be ok. Im realy sorry for your loss :cry: hope you are ok xxxxxxxxx

Back