• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

your first ever bunny?

When I was 9 my parents finally gave in to my constant rabbit chirping, we went to a tiny petshop and she was the only rabbit, an uppy eared white with black eyeliner and moustache bunny, I called her snowy and my dad said after a week, why do people keep rabbits in tiny huthces like this and as a surprise brought me a 6x4 shed for snowy. Unfortunatly snowy had really bad teeth, and 2 absesses, my Dad kept taking her to the vets and paid hundreds of pounds for her operations but she didn't make it on her 3rd absess.
I was heartbroken, I am 23 and still have apicture of snowy in the living room, she has beautiful eyelashes :love:

Clover who was the most gorgeous Blue and White Dutchie
One of my sisters friends bred them for showing, we picked her out just a couple of weeks old, she wasn't spayed so got a bit grumpy, about a year later we got a black and white dutchie called Hazel from the same girl she was super cute and would come runnign when you called her name :love:

Both lived good long lives 9 or 10 I think, even though they were not kept like I would keep buns today.

I had two.

Miffy
female, honey coloured, died at 1 year old, myxi.

and we also had Biffy who was a male, they lived seperatly, he was very agressive and we couldnt even go near his hutch/run he was very hormonal! he died at 10 years old

My first ever bunny was a small lop from the then Petsmart. He was white with blue eyes and hence called Casper! Unfortunately he only lived three days, he was already sick when we got him from Petsmart...

Although I only had him three days, he left a deep impression and was the start of the rabbit mania that descended on me. :love:

Vera

Two agouti rabbits, Salt and Pepper, when I was about 10 or 11 I think (taken on from a neighbour who didn't want them anymore). I persuaded my dad to have them, promising I'd go round to his house every day after school to look after them.

I can't remember how long they lived with him, two or three months maybe, but one day I went out to a friend's house after school instead of going to dad's, so I wasn't there to put them safely back in their shed (they free ranged in his garden when he went to work and I was in charge of getting them back in about 3.30 every day). My dad found them dead that evening, killed by a fox or dog :cry: :cry: :cry: He was so angry with me we didn't speak for months.

No more rabbits until this year, 20 years later.

I'm still traumatised by it and hardly anyone knows this story :oops:

Back