• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

your first ever bunny?

Roxy, a 2 year old blue Angora from P@H's adoption centre
I had her a week, then I had her taken off me :(
I just remember HUGE white teeth and ferocious claws. I vowed I would only ever have *Covers delicate little bunny ears* Rats and Dogs after that...:shock:
:roll:

Breed: Netherland Dwarf
Name: Blueberry
From : A place called Bunnyland as far as I remember. My mum didn't tell me we were going there coz she knew I'd sit in the car and be all annoying and excited. But half way there we stopped and I saw the cat carrier in the boot (we used to breed cats). So i asked what it was there for and my mum said we were picking up a cat we sold. I got so annoying asking her questions about why that she gave in a told me we were getting some rabbits. My sister already knew!!

My sister had Blueberry's sister who was REW coloured called Alice.

This isn't the best piccie, but it's the only one I have on this PC. At the time we had a little garden, but it only had 3 sides and the other was a main road so I had to keep hold of her :)

Blueberry.jpg

what breed was it? - agouti lop
what did you call him/her - Fluffy
where was they from?- garden centre

I got him as a birthday present!!

Breed: Netherland Dwarf
Name: Blueberry
From : A place called Bunnyland as far as I remember. My mum didn't tell me we were going there coz she knew I'd sit in the car and be all annoying and excited. But half way there we stopped and I saw the cat carrier in the boot (we used to breed cats). So i asked what it was there for and my mum said we were picking up a cat we sold. I got so annoying asking her questions about why that she gave in a told me we were getting some rabbits. My sister already knew!!

My sister had Blueberry's sister who was REW coloured called Alice.

This isn't the best piccie, but it's the only one I have on this PC. At the time we had a little garden, but it only had 3 sides and the other was a main road so I had to keep hold of her :)

Blueberry.jpg

:love::love: gorgeus little rabbit

Breed: Black Dutch
Name: Olympia (Ollie for short)
From: A lady who had got a dutch rabbit from a breeder that ended up having babies
I was also 11 when I got her and looked after her all the way through until she died at 6 years old :( I still miss her now..
Helen xx

what breed was it? REW

what did you call him/her Snowy, He was very nasty!

Where was they from? No idea, I was about 7 at the time.

Last edited:
what breed was it? = Orange Rex

what did you call him/her = Kellogg

where was they from? = local pet shop

He was beautiful and I still miss him:love:

Heinz baked beans, called Peter and we got him from a farmers market - he was the most gorgeous bunny ever, I was about 12 when he died and it broke my heart!

Colour- chinchilla
Breed- Netherland dwarf
Name- Thumper
Bought him/her from the pet shop when i was 9 they lived free range in my bedroom because my mum never bothered to buy him/her a cage my dad built a large wooden box area instead for the bun to go in and out of as it pleased i used to wake up with thumper on my pillow :love: i think thumper was about 9-12 months old when my mum made us rehome him/her, went to live with a 4 year old girl :(

Name: Elvis
Breed; Nethie Cross (so have been told on here?)
Still have him now he is 8 months old now!

dutch markings, orange colour, called honeybunny, round about 1960! mysteriously appeared at my house, with hutch, lived in the garage for a bit, disappeared. my dad looks shifty when i mention this...

As a child first bun was a little black cross breed bun called Snoopy :love: Bought from a petshop :oops:

As an adult first bun in 2002 was a black cross breed bun called Roscoe, who my sister's friend found as a stray :love: Roscoe re-started my love for bunnies :)

Bonnie, a dutchy girl. No idea where she came from, my gangan got me her. I think it was the petshop in the market. She lived till 8 years old!

Our first bun was a little black and white Dutch buck called Dizzy. We bought him from Focus almost as soon as we moved into our first house after getting married. A few months later we adopted a rescue wifey bun for him, Molly. Sadly Dizzy only had 4 years with us ... they think he had a brain tumour :( Still miss my special boy :cry: but have a lovely canvas of him to put up which the Fat Fluffs girls bought me for my 30th :)

Mrs Bun.
Lion head x breed.....
she was found,returned to her owners who said they had no room as the cat had given birth in her hutch, so she was bought to me as I worked on a park with a farm for visitors.They didnt want her either, so I kept her.:love:
Originally I thought she was a bloke bunny so named her Mr Bun.When the hormones kicked in,I found out she was female so had her speyed.Shes here now,almost 2 yrs old and more adored everyday.
Got her a husbun....Beebee...he had a fall at 9 weeks at said park who were gonna "get rid" so I took him to the vets.A course of anti inflammatrys, and hes now 9 months old.A nethie dwarf who totally baffles me with his problems but hey.....wouldnt be without him.:love:

First bun is the one I have now <3

Bootes, the Dutch x (I think... Pretty sure his mummy is full Dutch, the father looked like a cross)

Got him from someone desperately trying to get rid of him and his sister as the breeder who came by the week before didn't want either of them...
His loss because he's lovely :love:

breed - English x-breed (black markings)
name - Sassy
from - Local pet shop, run by a kind old animal-loving couple nearing retirement ;)

Back