• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Your feeding habits

louandjoe

Alpha Buck
At the moment, our feeding habits are as follows:

7:30am - 1 little shot glass worth of SS pellets each (just what I measure it out with! - no alcohol involved, honest :lol:) and lots of hay
6pm - 1 little shot glass of SS pellets each, top up hay if needed
10pm - 1 spring green leaf each, small piece of carrott, little piece of one of the following: tomato, parsley, apple, celery. And more hay if needed.

Occasions treats - alfalfa cubes, small piece of banana, those natural treats that PAH sell.

1. Does this look ok, any suggestions welcomed!
2. What do you feed & how often?

I feed about the same but not the SS on a evening.
They all love herbs so feed on a evening spring green,parsley,mint,corriander and basil.
I feed carrot and fruit twice a week:D

Bobbin has half his daily pellets at 9am, then the other half about 8pm

He has a pinch of Naturals Herb Garden as a treat on his evening pellets

Copious amounts of hay at all times (basically the hay racks are never empty)

Currently he only has fruit and veg as a treat but I want to introduce veg more frequently - only prob is we just don't get to the shops enough to always have fresh veg in the fridge :oops:

Treat fruit includes very small pieces of banana, apple and strawberries

Your diet sounds pretty good to me :D

mine (french lops) have a large handful of pellets at 7.30am, hay throughout the day and veg (1 cup of cut up spring greens, 4 or 5 parsley leaves with stalks, small slice of apple and either broccoli, brussels or carrots) at about 6pm.

ive only just cut down their pellets so i feel bad seeing empty bowls but im hoping they will eat more hay!!! Wispa seems more interested in the straw in her litter tray though!

My buns have a small amount of pellets in the morning, with 3 different kinds of veg, and the same in the evening with a few sprigs of herbs. Fruit and carrot i give in little amounts about twice a week. (unlimited hay and water too) :D

Mine have hay and pure dried grass all the time. Then at about 6:30am they have veg eg 3 spring green leaves and a couple of brocolli florets between the 2 and a small handful of pellets. Then they have more veg (same amount eg 3 leaves plus something else) at about 4:30pm and then a small handful of pellets at about 8:00pmish. And then treats like the Rosewood herbal mix or bananas, apples etc ad hoc or with their veg.

mine have pellets (small handful) around 9am, hay around 10am, veg (chunk of carrot, small piece brocolli, medium leaf spring greens) around 6pm, pellets (bit less than in the morning) and more hay at 9pm

My bunnies get 20 g pellets each, morning and evening. I give them hay when needed and vegetables in the middle of the day. Vegetables they have are lettuce, carrot, celery, radish, garden pea pods, cauliflower. They don't get them all togetheer, maybe 4-5 sorts. And if they're lucky they have herbs too :D

Currently he only has fruit and veg as a treat but I want to introduce veg more frequently - only prob is we just don't get to the shops enough to always have fresh veg in the fridge :oops:

I've started having pots of herbs and grass and radishes on my windowsills so there's always fresh treats for bunnies if I havent got to the shops :)

Mine have hay always, a few pellets maybe a flat tablespoon morning and evening, and two or three little pieces of various veg or fresh herbs in the evening. very occasionaly they get a raisin or a bit of apple.

HI :wave:
Our three have

7.30am ish espresso cup of Oxbow pellets between them (mixture of bunny basics T and 15/23)

8.00am ish handful of spring greens and romaine lettuce

6.00pm mixture of spring greens/lettuce/celery/green pepper/herbs and carrot (twice a week)

9.00pm espresso cup of pellets and dried plantain/dried herbs/redigrass

Hay is around all day long (they prefer timothy) and they also get fruity treats.

Eek - they eat better than me!

I'm thinking I'm over feeding mine :? They have small portion of S&S pellets and veg at 8 am then the same 6pm... None are overweight and eat lot and lots of hay ..

I'm thinking I'm over feeding mine :? They have small portion of S&S pellets and veg at 8 am then the same 6pm... None are overweight and eat lot and lots of hay ..

I reckon if they're not overweight then you're not over feeding them. The same principle applies with rabbits as humans, if they are getting lots of exercise they can eat a bit more!

Mine a bowl of SS pellets at 6:30am, along with some kale / spring green / brocolli / carrot tops and a big handful of dried plantain plus fresh herbs

when I get in at 6, they are given a small handful of herbs and some grass from the garden

and then later in the evening, they get a spring green leaf and some more kale.

I think they also swindle about 4 raisins out of us a day (I know that's probably too many - but they aren't overweight at all).

I have an organic veg box delivered every week on a Wednesday so that saves me having to go to the shops for veggies.

As of Sunday morning, I only have Smokey Bun left now who is a Netherland Dwarf - he has:

7.30am - approx 10 Supa Rabbit pellets and half a leaf of spring greens (sometimes a whole leaf depending on the size of it)

Same again at night

Constant supply of hay from my local farm shop, which he doesn't eat masses of, but it does go down a little bit! I think because he only tiny he doesn't need much food??

Kerina
xxx

Your def not overfeeding them if they not overweight!! I do the same as you for mine :D

I'm thinking I'm over feeding mine :?

Me too!! :shock: Mine get hay and small amount of pellets in morning, then 1 large scoop of pellets in the evening with a handful of veg and more hay. Also get little treats and topped up hay throughout the day. None seem to be overweight though :?

My girls and bailey have veg in the morning and roughly two handfuls at night of pellets they constantly have hay avaliable to them and my mum feeds them treats everyday when im at work. JD cos she's an OAP gets fed what she prefers which is molassed mix, its the only thing she'll eat along with any veg! As long as hay is avaliable to them, then they should be fine

mine have 4 handful of pellets in the morning at about 7:30am,aswell as hay,some fruit during the day then 2 handfuls of pellets and veg at about 8ish. Mine are greedy little monsters so would eat anything i put in :lol:

Mine get between the both of them:

1 small handful of nugget-thingy's in the morning.

LOTS of hay (timothy, meadow, etc mixed in).

The hay lasts them most of the day.

In the evening its refresh the hay with maybe some herbal mix.

A small dish of fresh veggies (fresh spring greens, spinach, maybe sprouts or brocolli), a small bit of carrot or apple or pear.

Then before bedtime they get another small handful of nuggets and topped up hay.

I always mix the nuggets in their hay to encourage them to munch the stuff as well as making them work to get them. Either that or I put the nuggets in those toy ball things that they have to roll about.

Unfortunately (that or he's being clever) Frosty hasn't learnt that you have to roll the ball to get nuggets. Smudge is a master ball roller and so Frosty follows her about collecting nuggets as she does the work.

I also put some of their fresh veggies in different places so they have to find them so its not so easy for them.

I think this is good as it encourages them to move about and keeps their little minds active. Even if they are now masters of getting into every nook and cranny......

I don't think I am over feeding them as they don't seem to be overweight and they run about loads.

Back