• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

YES buns go back outside this weekend!

I had to scrape the ice off my car yesterday morning so it's still cold overnight.

I wish I could have my buns inside all year, but I've not really got anywhere to keep them. They're in the conservatory now, but it's probably too hot for them in the summer. I love their little faces at the door when I'm in the kitchen and just being able to talk to them all the time :oops:

They do make a mess though! Hay everywhere, fluff everywhere. And since Nora figured out how to get on top of the hutch, she's chewed holes in all the blinds :S I don't want to know how much they'll cost to replace :lol:

I had to scrape the ice off my car yesterday morning so it's still cold overnight.

I wish I could have my buns inside all year, but I've not really got anywhere to keep them. They're in the conservatory now, but it's probably too hot for them in the summer. I love their little faces at the door when I'm in the kitchen and just being able to talk to them all the time

They do make a mess though! Hay everywhere, fluff everywhere. And since Nora figured out how to get on top of the hutch, she's chewed holes in all the blinds :S I don't want to know how much they'll cost to replace

I know I might get a little cold in March but I can assure everyone thats read this thread that my buns will be warm/monitored & cosy when they go outside, this hasnt been a hasty decision, a lot of thinking has been done in my little pea brain. :)

The list of things I have to replace in the conservatory are:

3 6ft tall paper lampshades
1 heater
6 bent wooden blinds
3 (very expensive books)
A cushion

This was all done when Rodge escaped one night & managed to comsume 12 carrots plus plastic bag. :lol:

I cant wait for my two to go back outside :lol: I need to wait atleast 3 weeks (2 weeks till VHD jab and then a week to recover) so Im hoping by then they can go outside :thumb:

I cant wait for my two to go back outside I need to wait atleast 3 weeks (2 weeks till VHD jab and then a week to recover) so Im hoping by then they can go outside

Luckily my 2 dont need their jabs until spring/summer time. :)

My buns wont be back indoors unless they are sick etc, my dad is installing heating in their hutch to keep them cosy next winter. :D

Luckily my 2 dont need their jabs until spring/summer time. :)

My buns wont be back indoors unless they are sick etc, my dad is installing heating in their hutch to keep them cosy next winter. :D

lucky buns :love: Im hoping my 2wont have to come back inside unless they are ill and hopefully not at all next winter!

ooh that's a tough one to decide, the weather is so variable. mine have been outdoor buns the whole winter and I'd have to say I think they have thrived on it. They had such fun playing in the snow every day. They refused to use the snugglesafes I bought :roll: and totally trashed the hutch trying to get the snugglesafes downstairs out of the way so i found the best use for them was to stop their water bowl from freezing. (£44 on water heaters???!!!)

I did wish on cold blowy nights that they were inside but they absolutely fine outside, well insulated and completely covered over.

sounds like you've got a good plan for your buns.

My dilemma at the moment is whether to continue using blankets/fleeces as well as the hutch cover and tarp. They seem to be getting quite steamy in there some nights at the moment :shock:

lucky buns Im hoping my 2wont have to come back inside unless they are ill and hopefully not at all next winter!

Oh we sound like cruel bunny mummies! :lol: My male bun Rodge hasnt enjoyed being indoors at all, hes the type of bun that will sit out in the pouring rain as he just loves being out! :lol:

mine had the option when I first got them of being indoor or outdoor but they hated the wood floors and did nothing but thump and grunt inside - they love it outdoors.
yes I must be mean, but you should feel their lovely winter rexy fur :love: - better than any of my coats :lol:

Oh we sound like cruel bunny mummies! :lol: My male bun Rodge hasnt enjoyed being indoors at all, hes the type of bun that will sit out in the pouring rain as he just loves being out! :lol:

they just make SOOOO much mess :shock: every time I put them outside while I clean they go binky mad, they really arent keen on being indoors :roll:

ooh that's a tough one to decide, the weather is so variable. mine have been outdoor buns the whole winter and I'd have to say I think they have thrived on it. They had such fun playing in the snow every day. They refused to use the snugglesafes I bought and totally trashed the hutch trying to get the snugglesafes downstairs out of the way so i found the best use for them was to stop their water bowl from freezing. (£44 on water heaters???!!!)

I did wish on cold blowy nights that they were inside but they absolutely fine outside, well insulated and completely covered over.

My dilemma at the moment is whether to continue using blankets/fleeces as well as the hutch cover and tarp. They seem to be getting quite steamy in there some nights at the moment

Thanks. :)
I also really need to get them out sooner rather than later as they are beginning to moult, Id rather they went out with their thick coats.
I have a Scratch & newton hutch snuggie insulator plus waterproof cover with an extra layer of bubble wrap inbetween them.

My little female loves her heatpad but my male much prefers a bare flat surface no matter what the temp! :shock:

If they seem distressed or unhappy at any point during the day on Saturday, I will put them back in the conservatory but im confident that both buns will enjoy being back in the hutch. :D

My bunnies will be going outside in the Spring (April ish) and i'm dreading it :( I'm going to miss them like crazy! :lol:

Isnt is rahter amusing how some of us will be sad to put them back outside whilst others will be jumping with joy! :lol:

Its like parents seeing their children flying the nest! :lol:

Isnt is rahter amusing how some of us will be sad to put them back outside whilst others will be jumping with joy! :lol:

Its like parents seeing their children flying the nest! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Im not sure I could ever have permenant indoor bunnies :shock:

Im not sure I could ever have permenant indoor bunnies

Its a lovely thought & im very jealous of those with well behaved tidy indoor buns!

Ive somehow ended up with rabbits who make it their mission everyday to make as much mess & thump every second of the day! :lol:

Rodge is now starting to eat my mums diningroom table......:roll:

Its a lovely thought & im very jealous of those with well behaved tidy indoor buns!

Ive somehow ended up with rabbits who make it their mission everyday to make as much mess & thump every second of the day! :lol:

Rodge is now starting to eat my mums diningroom table......:roll:

:lol::lol: I find rabbit poo and hay everywhere, including upstairs I have no idea how or why it gets there :shock:

:lol::lol::lol: Im not sure I could ever have permenant indoor bunnies :shock:

me neither although i did for nearly 15 years..

i am loving every bit of having mine back in at the moment, but the mess is starting to get to me a bit so it will be mixed feelings when they go back out.. they also keep my youngest dog very occupied! :lol:

ooh that's a tough one to decide, the weather is so variable. mine have been outdoor buns the whole winter and I'd have to say I think they have thrived on it. They had such fun playing in the snow every day. They refused to use the snugglesafes I bought :roll: and totally trashed the hutch trying to get the snugglesafes downstairs out of the way so i found the best use for them was to stop their water bowl from freezing. (£44 on water heaters???!!!)

My dilemma at the moment is whether to continue using blankets/fleeces as well as the hutch cover and tarp. They seem to be getting quite steamy in there some nights at the moment :shock:

I brought mine in last year and they were miserable too. Just to prove it Daxter chewed through the lights on our christmas tree in a completely ba humbug way :lol: I was worried about leaving them out this year since it was such a harsh winter but I agree that mine too have really thrived this year. Their coats are amazing so beautiful. They all look so healthy even Carlisle who had two bouts of snuffles in the summer has been snuffle free in the winter with the fresh air.

Added - Mine also rejected the snuggle safes :roll:

Back