• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Worried - Freya not eating

Looks like things are picking up - YIPEEEE!

She had eaten half of the veggies we gave her through the night and eaten some of her normal food.

I intend to go home at dinner time again and check up on her and proabably top up her veggie supply.

I feel a lot happier today about the situation but still a little cautious.

Thanks again for all your concern.

I'd be careful if she's not had the veg you're giving her before. I know you want her to be eating, but on the other hand you don't want to upset her tummy by suddenly introducing lots of new veg

That's great, it definitely sounds like things are picking up :)
Are you back from lunch yet - had she eaten some more :?: :?: :?: :?:

As the others said, don't forget to be careful if she's not used to veggies though.

She had eaten a little more during the morning and finished off what was left of the veggies. Her hutch is now full of poo (so I guess I know what I am doing when I get home!) and she was having a good drink when I got there.

I flatten out the food in the bowl (so I can see if she has some more) and just gave her a chunk of carrot to keep her busy. Within minutes it has a few teeth marks in it.

Looks like we are back on track!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Thank goodness for that :D :D :D

We all know how scary it is when they won't eat, and you feel cruel force feeding them, even though you know it's for their own good.

I bet you'll enjoy clearing up all those poos tonight :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cleaning up poo is my favourite hobby :lol:

At least there whole and not runny......

I really don't mind as long as shes better. My little trooper (or should that be pooper).

All we have to do now is decided which of our boys to try her with once she is all healed.

so glad to here things are looking better . its a big op for females and they often take longer to start picking up. well done.
Angie

Well shes seems to be eating more than before!

Shes is running around and playing so I think shes fine. I knows she is probaly still hurting and uncomfortable but shes gettin gon with it and should be fine.

Thanks for al your concern.

Back