• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wish me luck - off to vets.....

There's still no news..... I hope that means all is well and improving.....xxx

Well, He came back from the Vets on Monday, has been picky what he's been eating. He also had to get another anti biotic injection tonight at the vets. He still has a slight head tilt but is moving a bit more freely thankfully.

I have been struggling to give him his panacur as he refuses to let me near him. Have eventually put it on a bramble leaf and he ate it. He didn't poo at all overnight and I had him back at vets again today. Been given Recovery food, empeprid and fibreplex. God only knows how I am going to get it all down him given his hatred for syringe feeding,,,

I need to go back to vets again on Friday... this has been a nightmare for both me and him and I wish his owners would come back from holiday as the additional stress of infecting my 2 has put me in a near to OCD state for cleanliness,,, to prevent any contamination,,,

Come on little'un.. start pooing for your old Aunty....start eating hay

Fee xxxx

I've only just seen this. How awful. Poor bunny and poor you being left with such a huge responsibility. I hop ehe starts to get a bit better and eats and poos soon.

Thanks.... I am struggling a bit to manage it all... Between my own 2, my boy, an ill Mum in law, my work and other things going on... Am feeling a little overwhelmed if I am to be honest...

I'm not surprised, especially with worrying about transferring it to your own buns. :cry:

How long before the owners are back? Would they consider bunny staying at the vets until then?

Thanks, both of you...

Owners won't be back till 15th July!!!!... It's a big ask. not their fault I know, but incredibly rotten timing...

No, I doubt they would fund the bunny staying at the vets for that length of time... So I am going to do all I can for him... Fingers and paws crossed...

Fee xx

Gosh what a lot of worry for you! :( I've been there, madly cleaning everything in sight to keep my other two bunnies from catching Mimzy's tilt. Lots of work and little sleep while I kept an eye on him all day and night. :(
Thinking of you and sending ((((((healing vibes))))))) for your neighbor's bun. xxxx

Went round this morning and he had eaten all his dandelions and left 1 bramble leaf.. The biggest pleasure was seeing him Nom on a big long juicy bit of hay which was twirling round and round... all while sitting in his run which I had opened up.. I was frightened he would fall or roll over and not get up but he gets up and down no problem now..

He had 6 small perfectly formed poos, a bit dark all the same but perfectly rounded so we are going the right way, early days but it's a start...

We are off to the vets again tonight with him for another abx injection. His head tilt is slight now, still obvious to me but he is certainly much more mobile and up and down his ramp no problem...

I am still concerned about syringe feeding him and he has gone from struggling like fury to totally freezing and when syringing him, he doesn't swallow, it just sits there and drips out.. I know it has gone in properly is almost like he has pushed it out with his tongue!!!

Only 10 days to go till his owners come back... I am just glad he making a wee bit of progress.. slow but steady... fingers crossed....

Are your own buns from rescue ? In which case there is a really high chance that they are carriers of EC anyway. In my experience it often lies low and only flares up if a bun gets stressed or run down for some other reason.

We have 36 buns and tbh I expect they all carry EC - but every few years we will have one flare up and actually show symptoms and almost always there will be another health issue underlying the flare up.

Obviously you are doing your very best for your buns but just want to put you at ease a bit about all the disinfecting etc etc

PS and yes metacam is essential with EC flare up.

Rab-bit!!,!, I think 10 days will just about take me to my limits!,!,!,:lol: Thank you!!,!, xxx

Parsnipbun,

Thanks for that info. Yeah, my 2 are rescues and that is strange, the vet mentioned that very issue today. He said that bunnies often are carriers but suffer no ill effects... :thumb:

I appreciate your reassurance, I have been exceptionally stressed about this particular issue. I have 'his' bunny clothes and 'my' bunny clothes and wash them both daily....

I have been round to see him again tonight and there's and hundreds of little dark poos, lighter than earlier on so I presume he is passing things easier and feeling a bit better having eaten more hay...

Onwards and upwards but need to go back to the vets on Monday....

Fee xxx

Been back to vet. Head tilt has got a bit worse. His eyes appear to be bulging at both sides. Still on panacur, fibreplex , loxicom and another abx injection.. Locum vet thankfully a bit more bunny savvy, agreed that he should have been on painkillers. He thinks that his back teeth may be causing an issue but needs to put him under to see. He is concerned about the head tilt primarily. He has agreed to see littlebuns Mum and Dad when they come home but I have to continue daily with syringing him.

Vibes for an improvement , he is eating more hay which I am hopeful may help his teeth.

Fee x

Thanks! He was sitting on top of his box today and had bigger poos. I think the pain relief is making him a little more comfortable. Paws crossed

Back