• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Willoughby needs some vibes :(

Graciee

Staff member
He didn't take his evening treat or his favourite herbs :( he's passed these too, so I assume it's all the Clementine fur he's ingesting, he grooms her so so much bless him.

He wasn't too impressed being weighed either, normally I use the baby scales, but they're in Evelyns room and she's asleep, but he was small enough for my kitchen ones.

I'm really hoping he passes more and feels more comfortable soon, will call the vets in the morning :(
1000087350.jpg1000087333.jpg

Poor Willoughby. He does his best to keep Clementine in good order … and ends up unwell. Sending vibes for him.

Sending lots of vibes for Willoughy. I hope he feels better soon. It's that time of year again with moulting isn't it :rolleyes:

Sending lots of vibes for Willoughy. I hope he feels better soon. It's that time of year again with moulting isn't it :rolleyes:
Yea pretty much! The sheer amount of time he spends grooming her too, this was bound to happen I think

He's looking a little brighter and has started munching some hay which is great news, he's passed more hairy poops so I suspect he'll be a bit up and down til he's got rid of all them. He's on meds now too and takes them so well, it's been a few years since I had to give him anything I forgot how well he tolerates syringes. I think he's the only rabbit who seems to take emeprid like he enjoys it 😂

Thanks everyone for the vibes and wishes xx

Last edited:
I'm glad he's looking a little brighter and has been eating some hay, and got some more hairy poops out, too. What a good bunny, taking his meds so well. 🥰 Sophie takes her daily Emeprid willingly, too. She likes it. 😁 Sending more vibes for little Willoughby. ❤️

Hope he continues to improve :D Lopsy didn't do syringes but would have emeprid off a spoon XD Maybe some Lopsyness (the good stuff, not the being a total dumbass) rubbed off on him ;P He is such a dinky thing, Matt was so scared about hurting him, moreso than anybun else! He's soo pretty too, and that green of the scales sets him off nicely ;P

I'm glad he's looking a little brighter and has been eating some hay, and got some more hairy poops out, too. What a good bunny, taking his meds so well. 🥰 Sophie takes her daily Emeprid willingly, too. She likes it. 😁 Sending more vibes for little Willoughby. ❤️
Same he's been such a good boy. Honestly every other bun has been like bleghhh with emeprid, Clementine even tries to like spit it out 😂😂😂 thank you ❤️

Hope he continues to improve :D Lopsy didn't do syringes but would have emeprid off a spoon XD Maybe some Lopsyness (the good stuff, not the being a total dumbass) rubbed off on him ;P He is such a dinky thing, Matt was so scared about hurting him, moreso than anybun else! He's soo pretty too, and that green of the scales sets him off nicely ;P
Haha yea definitely. Yea he is a tiny bun, he's so good for meds he just has his front two paws resting on my hand and takes the syringe so well. Yea he is very pretty and always perfectly clean, I gave him a snuggle last night and looked at his feet and bum, I've never seen such a clean bun, especially a white one 😂 he does seem breakable coz he's so small tho 😂 do you remember how much he weighed roughly when he was living with you? He's 1.8kg now I think he's gained a little bit! He feels a really good weight to me tho, so not too worried

Haha yea definitely. Yea he is a tiny bun, he's so good for meds he just has his front two paws resting on my hand and takes the syringe so well. Yea he is very pretty and always perfectly clean, I gave him a snuggle last night and looked at his feet and bum, I've never seen such a clean bun, especially a white one 😂 he does seem breakable coz he's so small tho 😂 do you remember how much he weighed roughly when he was living with you? He's 1.8kg now I think he's gained a little bit! He feels a really good weight to me tho, so not too worried
Gawd, about 1.4-1.6 I think? Both those numbers feel familiar, I think he was 1.4 when we first took him and 1.6 after he'd been with us for a bit :)

Well done Willoughby, the strings of poo are better out than in. You could sell them as bracelets on Etsy 👍💩
When mine string quite a few together, they look like they made rosary beads!

Gracie, I am glad he is able to pass the fur poops and he is eating hay. It is as if he knows the hay will move things along. Smart bunny plus a good boy taking his meds so well.

Back