• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will you have more?

Well I decided I wouldn't be and made the decision a while back. Mable crossed over the bridge last year and left Pabby alone, 9, deaf and blind and I made the decision it would be too traumatic to try and bond him but I so miss watching rabbits, full of life. I love my slow old guy to pieces but ummm oooops see on the Rabbits in need page, Marshmallow and Cotton, well I'm collecting them this Saturday and can't wait!!!!:D:D:D

Fab news :thumb:

If I was 10 years younger, then yes. But I'm not, so my two will be my only two. I love them to bits and will never part with them, but they are such hard work and a constant worry. I don't know how I've got through this winter trudging through deep snow, -15 temps, to their shed every night. Also they are a tie, I never want to be away from home for long, I know I worry too much, but then that's me !

No more for me.
I have 4, and between us we have destroyed my home. I can't go away anywhere, I am completely tied. At any time I could have massive vet bills to pay. I can't do this again. I wanted my bunnies, I love them as individuals, i wouldn't want to rehome them in case they suffered, but I will never do this again.

Definitely :D I hope I'll always have bunnies, plus I want to adopt an elderly cat (or pair of cats!) in future once I have more room.

No more for me.
I have 4, and between us we have destroyed my home. I can't go away anywhere, I am completely tied. At any time I could have massive vet bills to pay. I can't do this again. I wanted my bunnies, I love them as individuals, i wouldn't want to rehome them in case they suffered, but I will never do this again.

Same here. This year I will have had bunnies for 17 years. My OH and I never have holidays together and it has cost me a fortune in vet bills. Mr Bennett has caused more destruction than all the other bunnies together and in real terms costs us thousands of pounds. I love him so much but we can't afford anymore animals of any type.

After my first bun hopped on to binky free I thought absolutely never again; I was so heart broken, but fast forward six months from then and I had four! Eeeeks! I love them dearly but agree with others that one pair is enough!! Especially since they're house rabbits!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I decided I wouldn't be and made the decision a while back. Mable crossed over the bridge last year and left Pabby alone, 9, deaf and blind and I made the decision it would be too traumatic to try and bond him but I so miss watching rabbits, full of life. I love my slow old guy to pieces but ummm oooops see on the Rabbits in need page, Marshmallow and Cotton, well I'm collecting them this Saturday and can't wait!!!!:D:D:D

Aw I love this :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep i will always have two bunnies. My eldest is 8.5 years old and my youngest is 1.5 years old. I just have the two and I adore them.
I also have 4 elderly guinea pigs and I've decided not to have any more. Two bunnies is more than enough:D

You have to promise to stay in touch! These little babies are so special to me. I hand reared them and they will always have a place in my heart :)

Ooooo you lucky thing! They're gorgeous! Id have been after them myself if I didn't have my six already! You have to post loads of pictures of them! :love:

You have to promise to stay in touch! These little babies are so special to me. I hand reared them and they will always have a place in my heart :)

So excited and counting the days down now and their picture is already the screensaver on my laptop and yes we'll stay in touch and I'll be posting pictures. They'll be loved all their lives long. X

Honestly I don't think I will straight away, now I only have tinkerbelle who's 5 and an elderly hamster of my own, and I'm 15 so when I move out I wouldnt want the responsiblity of lots of animals... It sounds bad but my hamster will be gone by then and before i got the rabbits my parents agreed to keep her as a house bunny at their house either forever or until i can move her back in... But with possibly uni and going into work and stuff i dont think i could have animals when im 18/19 sort of time... But I think when im a "proper" adult I will definitely get more house buns <3

No more after my current pair xx

I love them dearly but hubby is a fair bit older than me and we now have two dogs - so the sensible part of me says 'no'. Won't be easy though with so many in rescue if I lose one. We're hoping to move soon and I plan to bring my two rogues indoors. Am really looking forward to it and have been browsing puppy pens etc.

Jack is now about 6 and Hollie is 5 1/2 so am hoping they'll be with me for a while yet though. :love: xx

Absolutely not. I only have Porter left and it really pains me he is all alone. He deserves a home with another bunny but I just do not have what it takes to lose another rabbit again.

Noisette passing away broke me apart. She was my soul animal, I miss her every single day.

not sure now. i always said no more after bisc and matt, at least for a while. but now it's a who knows! we may decide to try and bond bisc, we might not. i feel like our only option is to keep getting older rabbits until we have one very old one left. then no-more for a while. but i don't know if i could take the heartbreak. and especially not if i'd lost bisc. don't know if i will cope with anything ever again after that.

eta: space is an issue for us aswell. our house is too small really for a pair or rabbit and a pair of piggies!

Last edited:
I think I will always have two. I've no children and without my rabbits there would be an emptyness in my life.

Back