• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wild bunnies potentially trapped in our allotment :(

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
Hi Everyone

Wow it's been sometime since I posted in this forum! We had two young rabbits in our plot that we believe were getting through from our neighbours plot, to be honest we have been enjoying watching them as some of you may remember we hand reared four baby rabbits from our plot back in 2007.

However our neighbour has been having his strawberries eaten (oops) and has now done a bit of a reckkie on his plot and has repaired a few holes including the one from his plot to our plot. Our plot now doesn't have any holes and at least one of the rabbits is still present. We have seen youngsters in his plot but at least one of ours seems to be perhaps using our compost area as a bit of a hide out. Yesterday we saw one of them laying on a bit of carpet looking very chilled in the sun but we're not sure if the other one is still about.

Anyway, I have no idea whether Mum is still about checking on them or not and how long she does this for, the fact that we had two sitting close together and that I think I may have seen an adult in next doors plot, makes me think she is, and that at present we have at least one bunny potentially stuck in our plot. We do have access to a live mammal trap that we could use if no other options, my only idea at the moment is to give the rabbits some access out by means of perhaps giving them an access route over the fencing unless anyone has any better ideas?

Hello!

Yes I think you are right. Need to put my trail cam up there so we an see where it is coming from and if its on its own or not.

Hope you are keeping well :) We have adopted two more bunnies since we lost Spudsey in 2020 (at the grand age of 13!), these two are half lionhead and half wildie. Their Mum was found dumped in a field and was pregnant so assume she mated with a wildie, these two are more skittish than Spudsey was! I'll try and update my profile pic later :)

Hello!

Yes I think you are right. Need to put my trail cam up there so we an see where it is coming from and if its on its own or not.

Hope you are keeping well :) We have adopted two more bunnies since we lost Spudsey in 2020 (at the grand age of 13!), these two are half lionhead and half wildie. Their Mum was found dumped in a field and was pregnant so assume she mated with a wildie, these two are more skittish than Spudsey was! I'll try and update my profile pic later :)
Spudsey was an amazing Bunny ❤️ I am glad that you felt able to offer a home to two more Bunnies. Yesterday I saw a FB post from a Rescue who had a Bunny who is Lionhead x Wildie.Cant remember the name of the Rescue though 🙈

She certainly was, one of a kind!
Yes I am glad we adopted these two, they had already been adopted by someone else and returned :( Both my friend and the rescue were hoping I'd adopt them! I best not look, my partner has already 'bonded' with the ones on our plot! :ROFLMAO:
lovely to hear from you :)

Back