• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why do people think . . .

i had a 'tesco' delivery yesterday and it was a relief driver. he saw all my buns and asked if i was a breeder cos he wanted to get a rabbit for his kid!! :evil: i then went into great depth about the terrible breeders around here and that he should try the rspca. i told him all about how they should live and that they should have toys , etc, etc. when i went on to tell him all about my bun who lives in the house at the mo he just looked at me as tho i was totally mad, whilst backing off trying to get away! as he went out of my gate, i even shouted out to him to phone the rescue centre first and not to dare go to a pet shop!!! he will hopefully remember me and take some of the things i said on board but he really did think i was a mad-woman!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have had a couple of people ask "why do you have rabbits, they dont do anything?" my reply is that they have obviously only seen rabbits cooped up in hutteches so small that they cant do anything. I then tell them how much space my rabbits have and how they run around chasing each other and me, how one likes to escape etc. The reaction i get is curiosity and hopefully a little understanding. But if they think Im mad I dont care. At least i get a lot of enjoyment from my little horrors.

I have been really lucky with people's reactions to my buns. I just approach them with a no nonsense attitude. I was out cleaning the run a few days ago and the window cleaner came out, he's not an animal man, hates cats and stuff. But I managed to get him talking about the rabbits in a nice way. :lol: He even shared a story about his goldfish.

The sky installer left me the box for the rabbits, the furniture and washing machine people have both been amazed by them. :-D

I've never thought rabbits were boring animals, I had a couple of rabbits when I was a kid and they lived in a hutch inside a shed, I used to sit in with them reading and they used to climb on me and try and eat my book. :)

I have been lucky too and the morons who did make rabbit pie comments well there just :censored:'s. Even the local police have had a cuddle of Buster :D

Back