• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When should buns be seperated?

SOAD said:
Six weeks, but you may want to get your doe bun too, then the can go back together more or less straight away. I had two unneutered buns in Bubble and Squeak, I neutered them on the same day and let them recover together.

Yeah, I'll definitely get Wiffles done too at some point... but don't really want to do it if there's a chance she's already pregnant. :(

Yeah, I'm not really sure where I stand on the emergency spay when there's a poss the bun is pregnant. I haven't as yet had to make the decision so I don't envy you on that one. With them being 5months I would be very surprised if you only ended up with 2buns. Good Luck!! :)

I asked earlier but no one replyed where were these buns from?
Why have they been left together when neither were neutered im quite shocked to be honest :shock:

according to original post these buns were 8 weeks old July 8th..so should have been seperated by end of July :shock: I will be amazed if you don't hear the patter of lots of tiny feet!

honeybunny said:
according to original post these buns were 8 weeks old July 8th..so should have been seperated by end of July :shock: I will be amazed if you don't hear the patter of lots of tiny feet!

Lets just say I am less than happy with the whole situation :roll:

I just wanted to say that we had the other 2 males from the same litter as Whistler and Wiffles and they have only just, last week, been castrated as our vet told us they were only just ready to have the op done.

TRacey x

TRACEY said:
I just wanted to say that we had the other 2 males from the same litter as Whistler and Wiffles and they have only just, last week, been castrated as our vet told us they were only just ready to have the op done.

TRacey x

Yeah Gem told me Whistler wasn't ready yet... which is why he wasn't done ;)

Hope you enjoy the buns when you get them, they are lovely buns and you will love them :D

Wiffles is truely beautiful.

Tracey x

xEMMAx said:
TRACEY said:

TRacey x

But why risk it?
The rabbit is old enough to mate,its all what ifs and buts

TRACEY said:
Hope you enjoy the buns when you get them, they are lovely buns and you will love them :D

Wiffles is truely beautiful.

Tracey x

They are both georgeous I have to say!! They have very sweet faces :D

bluebunny said:
xEMMAx said:
TRACEY said:

TRacey x

But why risk it?

So can you castrate a male without his bits having dropped then?

Tracey x

TRACEY said:
bluebunny said:
xEMMAx said:
TRACEY said:

TRacey x

But why risk it?

Tracey x
Im not saying that :roll:
They should of been spilt up though

TRACEY said:
bluebunny said:
xEMMAx said:
TRACEY said:

TRacey x

But why risk it?

Tracey x

I think it's more a case of seperating males and females until the male can be done

Back