• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

whats your bunnies doing in the heat

Hoping mine are sleeping, hating being at work!! They had ice pods, frozen bottels and wet towels and all sorts of shade this morning. Hoping it didn't all warm up too quick. Will let them have a nice romp around in the cool grass at the end of the garden this evening. Appreciating the sun has gone in though and there is a breeze - even if its a HOT breeze.

Athena is chilling in the dining room, much like she always does. It's pretty cool in there - far, far cooler than outside!

Elphie, Galinda and Archimedes have mostly been sleeping/flopping/eating hay/drinking. All of which is fine by me. :) They are tolerating the heat, but obviously all staying in the shade!

Ours have both flattened themselves against the laminate flooring. Our house stays quite cool even in this heat so I don't think it's bothering them much, they just like the floor!

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Today it has been too hot to go outside.:(. Molly and I have been sitting by the fan keeping cool. She has actually been sitting on her ice pod while facing the cool breeze coming from the fan so she must have been hot. Right now she is eating forage from the garden and getting cross with it because it's in her hay roll feeder.:lol:

Dandylion has reduced her carpet intake ... only her 3 favourite corners! and is lazing around a lot ... normal day for her!

I have had a fan on most of the day and she has a slab of marble to lie on - it goes in the fridge ( in a plastic bag) for a few hours before I give it to her

When I went outside to check on the trio earlier, they were still flopping next to each other. In this heat. :shock:

And Elphie and Galinda are blue, so they have got to feel the heat!

Last night was very bizarre. Reggie wasn't eating her food and Rosie was thumping her foot every 15 seconds for what felt like hours from midnight onwards. [emoji86] I've only heard her thump occasionally once or twice but this was continuous. Maybe it was something to do with the storm? I don't know. Both are fine this morning. [emoji3]

Aboleth has more active than Lopsy last night: I sprayed water all over the pen concrete so it cooled quicker. Lopsy was undecided between loving being gently sprayed and running back inside: he did both! Matt wanted to put a paddling pool out for them (I've told you he's soft!) so I got him the giant litter tray (which will be a digging tray) and put 1/2" water in. Neither of them took much interest beyond sniffing around it and poking about, though Aboleth chinned it a lot (her name is an aquatic monster in D&D so Matt said it was only right she should :roll:). They were very active this morning though :D

Today poor Molly has had 2 failed attempts to get out in the run. It was still boiling in the house but much cooler out so we went to the garden about 9.30am, I took a coffee and a book hoping to be out a little while. I always stay out with Molly when she's in the run, too many foxes round here to risk it. Well by 9.55am it was raining :? Come back inside and repeat the whole sorry episode at 1.30pm! This time Molly was not at all happy about having to go in and was determined to make it as difficult as possible for me to catch her.:roll: Her run is 3ft high and I am not tall so it was hard work, all the while getting wet!

So now I have a grumpy bunny sitting on her ice pod.:roll::lol:

Poor Smudge doesn't like the heat, I'd like to clip him but I know it would stress him. They have cold tiles to lay on and he's spending much of the day there bless him. I do have icepods but I've never ever seen them use them, they prefer the tiles. Right now they are sitting at the door in the draft from the windows, smart bunnies. :)

Back