• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whats the best place to buy rabbits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan on having them living indoors, thats why its important that they are neutered. Its also important that their dentures and eyes are good and that the rabbits are vaccinated. A rescue centre does ensure that all of this is taken care of, right?

Yes, and a good rescue centre will even supply Fixodent if required.

Hello Geosacy. Could you tell us a little bit about how you will house the rabbits and who will be responsible for them?

Rabbits do not make good childrens pets and can suffer a number of different ailments which a rescue centre may not be aware of. If you buy a pet shop rabbit there is a very high chance that it will have some health problem. Rabbits need a minimum hutch size of 6ft long, 2ft wide and 2ft high, they also need access to a run either on a daily basis or 24 hours a day. You need to ensure that your rabbit is vaccinated for Myxi and VHD and these need to be done every 12 months depending on your area myxi can be done every 6 months. Rabbits need a very high fibre diet and have very sensative stomachs, there are alot of things they can not eat as it could cause stasis or bloat and kill the rabbit. Rabbits are very social creatures and should be kept in pairs or groups and should be neutered to avoid any hormonal issues which could arise.
Why not spend a bit of time researching rabbits as an animal before you jump into owning one.

The OP has been asked several times and is not answering the questions. If they want answers to the questions they are asking people have already directed them to where the answers can be found. Sometimes you need to do some work yourself instead of expecting answers delivered on a plate.

Anyhow, it looks like a wind up to me.

The OP has been asked several times and is not answering the questions. If they want answers to the questions they are asking people have already directed them to where the answers can be found. Sometimes you need to do some work yourself instead of expecting answers delivered on a plate.

Lucy i agree that if you are going to get any pet you should research them for yourself and not expect other just to give you the answers but you can not be certain its a wind up they might just be really Lazy or a bit thick (no offence meant btw)

I have no idea how the idea of the OP wanting to eat rabbits came about or whether this is indeed a wind up.

BUT, if it isn't, the OP has probably been scared off now anyway! :roll:

You think everything's a windup.

A lot of websites are blocked in China as the original poster has said they can't access some of the websites linked.

I see no reason why we shouldn't provide any help we can.

You think everything's a windup.

A lot of websites are blocked in China as the original poster has said they can't access some of the websites linked.

I see no reason why we shouldn't provide any help we can.

Oh Timb0h, you do make me chuckle.

2nq5rwj.jpg

They have already said they are not in shanghai now anyway. There is information on this thread advising them what to do and how to do it, so if they want to get a rabbit/s they know how to go about it now.

im just plain confused

he doesnt wnat to eat them does he?
I dont think the OP wants to eat them i think they honestly thought that a breeder would sell the healthiest rabbits but they have realised that a rescue would be the best option.

Geosacy if you havnt been scared off it would really help if you answered the questions especially where you live so we can find a good rescue near you.
I hope you are prepared to care for the bunny if your kids get bored of it.

Mudgy i think your comments are very rude and racist not all people from shanghai eat rabbits or treat them poorly.
It would be better to post nice helpful comments so the OP can get the best info and make more informed choices other then being scared off.

Geosacy i hope you make the right choice and research rabbits a bit more if you answer the questions im sure we can help. Dont leave the forum becus of a few comments this really is a nice helpful forum with lovely people. Every one here is pasionate about bunnys and some times jump to the wrong conclusion.

Geosacy, if you could tell us the area where you currently live (just the city or something as vague as 'North Yorkshire' if you're not comfortable with us knowing too much about where you live) then we can give you the names of various Rescue Centres near you. Many of them are not on rabbitrehome (my local RSPCA rescue centre isn't) so you won't see them on there.

When you know what rescue centres are nearby, you can take your children along with you to see the different kinds they have and discuss with the rescue centre staff which of their rabbits have the right kind of nature for children and they will also tell you what you need to know to take care of one and who should be responsible for the overall care of the rabbit. In some cases they may be able to tell you what health problems some of their rabbits have, but (just like in a pet shop) any healthy rabbit can develop problems later on. There is no such thing as a rabbit who never has to go to a vet.

There are minimum requirements to owning a rabbit these days, its no longer a case of keeping them in a small hutch or indoor cage, so rescue centres will want to make sure you have enough space and can provide a suitable home.

Good luck with finding the perfect bunnies for your family :wave:

How is it a wind up?! What makes you think it is?! He's asking for advice, not the meaning to life. Jeeeez. I'll remember that next time you need help with something. It must be a wind up.
He's come on looking for a place to get rabbits. He could've just gone out and bought the first bunny he saw in the petshop, or advertised in the free-ads, but he didn't, he obviously looked up a rabbit forum or something on google and he saw us and came to us for advice and you just started picking on him! !He's started doing research just by posting on the forum!! You're just jumping to the conclusion that just coz he doesn't know anything about bunnies yet that he's a bad person. Am I a bad person coz I've got 2 petshop bunnies and didn't know much about keeping bunnies when I first got them?!

Yes yes must be only me :roll: People have offered advice yet it seems to have been ignored thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back