• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what would everyone do

NicolaB18 said:
should post it on Fundraising for Rescues.

If Elaine likes the sponsor a hutch idea, we could consider that if it is within forum rules, have to check with Tam re that.
Elaine do you have your own web site? If not, perhaps someone else could advertise for you re your scheme (if you want to set one up)

I know a few of you have said about getting another quote from a vet, but I couldn't do that if it was me as I trust my vet totally and couldn't even consider another vet treating mine. I think that is a very kind offer off Cheryl and at leasts it gives you another option.
Hope all works out in the end as it is a hard decision to make.

well I have come to a decision today as I use another vet for neutering I have now asked about the eye sage, and she is going in on fri for a decision, this will either be eye removal and long term treatment or put to sleep but I have said I would like to try treatment and see where we go. but it looks like she will be here longterm

I do like the idea of a hutch sponsor if people are interested particularly for this one if she has to have long term treatment, I have been thinking about this idea for a while.

I am interested in peoples opinion if they would be willing to sponsor her

I am going to try to set up a cage sponsor scheme on my site

I will need some input from people as this is something I have never done

elaine

Spacegirl said:
Can someone explain what cage sponsership is please? :oops:

Hiya, cage sponsorship is an idea whereby people can support bunnies at rescues by giving regular donations.
Rescues have such a quick turn around of bunnies, it is unrealistic that people can sponsor individual bunnies (long stay bunnies perhaps being the exception), so sponsoring a hutch means it helps any bunny that stays at the rescue and uses that hutch :D
Hope I have explained this okay :?: :oops: :D

I am going to look into hutch/rabbit sponsorship when I have some ideas I will post them so keep checking

Please please please don't PTS this bun. Someone on here will take her on. Bunny only has one eye and she is fine. I know there is the cost but a life is a life and she has come your way and now deserves every chance

Unfortunately bun has had to be put to sleep as the vet took her eye out but the infection was far to wide spread for her to be saved, they tried flushing it but it was everywhere, at least I tried for her, it is a disspointment to say the least as we really thought there was hope but like they say you can never tell.

I have also lost another as well as it was full of tumors when they come to spay it so not a good day

Elaine

Awww Elaine I am so sorry, but at least you have tried for both of them and that is what matters.

Back