• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What have your rabbits ruined?

Stereo power cable for starter, Virgin media box power cable for mains and my new home phone power cable for desert!

about 4 laptop chargers and 4 phone chargers
2 PS2 controllers
4 internet cables
every carpet corner
many skirting boards
2 laundry baskets
a wooden kitchen spoon
a sofa
2 pairs of trousers
Gormenghast
Dune

and titus made great effort at chewing the metal bars of the bed frame, dippy little fluffy brain...

Me! :? Thumper in particular has decided that my arms look like good digging material and has a go now and then - although saying that, oddly enough although she leaves white streaks on my skin (like when you scratch an itch too hard) they disappear within minutes. When I pick her up however is a different matter. Since owning the bunnies (2.5 weeks now) I have had blooded scratches on my left forearm. Permanently! Plus a sliced pad on my little finger of right hand - felt like a knife cut and required a plaster for a bit as it was remarkably deep! :( Thumper hates being picked up but will jump onto our laps for cuddles of her own free will. Stupid rabbit! I'm going to buy boots for her back legs ... :lol:

Can we do a 'what haven't the runs ruined' aha would be suchh a shorter list!! xx:lol::lol::lol::roll::roll:

Just a quick note to anyone who doesn't know; if a bunny chews through a cable it's usually very easy to fix.

Just cut the cable fully in half, strip back the plastic, twist the wires together then put electrical tape round it :)
If I had to replace every device whose cable had ever been chewed through I'd be broke!

I....LOVE...YOU!!!! :shock: :love::love::love::love::love:

Well I wasn't expecting this much response:lol::lol: what a norty lot of bunnies we have:lol::lol::lol:

They damaged a lot of things, but they've only really totally ruined a leather wallet beyond all hope and a huge chunk of carpet which we had to cut away :roll:

gone round every corner of the room stripping paper, bit through my hubbies apple mac charger(a new one):( the telephone, mobile charger, hair dryer, freezer cable, jumpers suddenly have holes in them:roll: they just loved the cane furniture that was in the conservatory including ripping the cushions and pulling out the stuffing:? curtains. you name it they have had a go. they really are a nightmare but so cute:love: and the amount of towels they have ruined is unknown. they get my clothes washing and rubbish it around the floor. they climb every where, nothing is out of their reach, i can't believe how naughty they are, trouble is they are just so funny, especially when hubby shouts at them, that just seems to make them worse:evil: like naughty kids:p

Last edited:
Muffin had an addiction to keyboard and mouse wires as a teenager apart from that everything is pretty much intact :lol:

Nothing of mine...yet. They chewed through my housemates ex girlfriends laptop cable (amusing since I didn't think much of her :p) and they've dug a few holes in the garden.

Toy wise they've only destroyed one of those fake carrot patch things as well :)

not that much really.. :shock: ... bisc wee'd on the carpet and ruined it but he was poorly and couldn't help it. other than that, just chewing the curtains really. :)

Just a quick note to anyone who doesn't know; if a bunny chews through a cable it's usually very easy to fix.

Just cut the cable fully in half, strip back the plastic, twist the wires together then put electrical tape round it :)
If I had to replace every device whose cable had ever been chewed through I'd be broke!
Is it really that easy? Wouldn't you have to ensure that the wires that you're twisting together don't meet? (Hark at me, sounding like the electrician I'm not :oops: - I just have a respect for electrical stuff and I'm not sure it should be tampered with by DIYers). Note to electricians : feel free to contradict me if I'm talking out my botty and it really is safe and easy to do this.

Back