• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you think of this playhouse?

vicki267

Mama Doe
I'm going to be new to outside rabbits so haven't really got a clue when it comes to housing. I was going to opt for a set up in the garage but feel a playhouse/shed might be better. Due to having a step in the way of most shed doors a playhouse is looking the better option.

http://www.madfun.co.uk/Playhouses/Shire-Cubby-Playhouse-(6-x-4-1-6-)

What do you think the price is like?

After doing all this research they'll probably end up inside after all :roll:

The price is quite good. I paid £250.00 for my two playhouses. The wood says white pine I didn't think pine was safe for rabbits but I could just be wrong.

Just been doing a little look online and solid pine is meant to be ok for buns as a lot of toys are made from it :?

It's meant to only be shavings that cause a problem - Does anyone else know?

Pine is fine!

The playhouse looks lovely :love:

Yay, I'm so excited :D

Mum had an accident about 3 and a half years ago and she's putting through a claim, they said she should get a lump some in two weeks, she says if she gets enough she's buying it for me :D

I've been out to measure up, all looks fabby and I've got an extra 3ft at the front so I'm hoping to put up a walk in avairy to give them a little more space.

I've also just come across the idea on here of tiling the floor so it keeps cooler for them, I was going to laminate.

Just been doing a little look online and solid pine is meant to be ok for buns as a lot of toys are made from it :?

It's meant to only be shavings that cause a problem - Does anyone else know?

Aww that's must be what I heard about pine shavings. I thought I might be barking up the wrong tree. Looks great. Lucky bunnies.

The only thing I would say is that playhouses are not as high (head space wise) as sheds. Some friends of mine had a lovely playhouse for their buns but ended up scrapping it and getting a shed as they kept hitting their head while in there cleaning out. Other than that it looks lovely! :D

The only thing I would say is that playhouses are not as high (head space wise) as sheds. Some friends of mine had a lovely playhouse for their buns but ended up scrapping it and getting a shed as they kept hitting their head while in there cleaning out. Other than that it looks lovely! :D

The thing with shed though is that most doors are on the narrow side and not the length - The shed whose doors are on the length are stupidly priced.

When I went to b and q the other day the sheds were actually quite expensive for what they are anyway...

Still I may not need a playhouse now as the OH has agreed that if I want to keep the bunnies (who wouldn't) and they bond with Stevie then they can move upstairs and Arnie and Kira can move downstairs, now it's just waiting and seeing :D

The thing with shed though is that most doors are on the narrow side and not the length - The shed whose doors are on the length are stupidly priced.

When I went to b and q the other day the sheds were actually quite expensive for what they are anyway...

Still I may not need a playhouse now as the OH has agreed that if I want to keep the bunnies (who wouldn't) and they bond with Stevie then they can move upstairs and Arnie and Kira can move downstairs, now it's just waiting and seeing :D

Yes thats true. We are having a shed soon for our two and we are having to pay a lot of money to get a door on the long side as that is what fits best in our garden.

Fingers crossed for the bond then that will solve your problems by the look of it! x

I don't keep hitting my head (I have 5 wendy houses) but I do now have a bad back. I do love them and they work for me because I didn't want a garden full of sheds. Having them lower is more attractive IMO.

Back