• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What are your bunnies names and why?

Fili - I was determined to give him a Middle Earth name, this seemed to suit him best :love:

(...Absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I just happen to fancy Fili in the films!)

Bailey because he is the same colour as the drink Baileys. Although I tend to call him BB, which is short for Bailey Bun!

Moley because when I got him, he was a she, and I loved the name Molly, when I found out she was a he I tried variations of the name Molly, Moley just came out by accident one day and it stuck...I don't know what a Moley should be like but he certainly suits it!
Poppy-pig because I got her from freecycle and the little girl was really sad to see her go ... Her name was Poppy and it suited and OH thought the rabbit looked like piglet (which she does):) so we went with Poppy pig.
Pythagorus ("Pythagorus theorem") because the triangle on his head, and shortened it is Py which according to OH is hilarious!! He was Tom we both hated that.
Kiki was Mabel from the rescue but OH and I really like Kiki and she suits it :)

Sugar Lump & Toffee Squeak

When we met them at the rescue they were with mum and their siblings! We didn't know at the time what sex they were or even which rabbits would be ours, the small girl fell in love with the brown coloured one quite quickly so she chose him/her and the name toffee, from there she decided food related names for the others, including Sugar for the white one who also came home with us. (The others were liqourice & Earl Grey).

Lopsy: he was a Flopsy and supposedly a girl at his previous house, and as he's a lop rather than a floppy bunny I took the F off but thought I'd keep the rest of the name in case he knew who he was. Turns out he's a bit dense for that ;P

George - Because of the Looney Tunes and Hugo the Abominable Snowman who caught Bgs and says "Just what I always wanted. My own little bunny rabbit. I will name him George, and I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him" Although George was a girl when we first got him but he was always George. Or as I like to call him George Clooney (because he is so handsome).

Harry - My mam named her and wanted to call her Hector but she was a girl and she named her Harry instead. Her full name is Harriet, but she is fondly referred too as Princess Stroppy Pants. :love:

Hershel - I considered calling him the typical names like Harley, Blue, Bear and also Eric but after losing my Snowflake to gut stasis, I wanted a name that gave him strength and fight. And in my opinion there was no-one more badass than Hershel Greene from the Walking Dead. :lol: He is fondly called Hershey or Mr Bear.

Maggie - She got her name to go with Hershel as another character from the Walking Dead. She is affectionately named Maggie Boo Bear

I've just read this thread & realised I have four bunnies where their name hasn't been explained :oops::lol:

Blackavar from Watership Down. He was my favourite character in it & I always said if I had a black rabbit, I'd call him Blackavar. I thought it'd be a really popular rabbit name but I've not yet met another one and the receptionist at the vets says mine have really unusual names & struggled to pronounce it at first.

Jacquetta - I love reading historical novels and I really liked the name when reading "the lady of the rivers" by Phillipa Gregory.

Lady Katherine - I really enjoyed reading "Katherine" by Anya Seton about Lady Katherine Swynford.

Cherry - was called Cowslip at BARC but I went for Cherry as Cowslip was a boy in Watership Down and I really like black cherries. Blackavar & Cherry therefore! :love:

George - Because of the Looney Tunes and Hugo the Abominable Snowman who caught Bgs and says "Just what I always wanted. My own little bunny rabbit. I will name him George, and I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him" Although George was a girl when we first got him but he was always George. Or as I like to call him George Clooney (because he is so handsome).

Harry - My mam named her and wanted to call her Hector but she was a girl and she named her Harry instead. Her full name is Harriet, but she is fondly referred too as Princess Stroppy Pants. :love:

Hershel - I considered calling him the typical names like Harley, Blue, Bear and also Eric but after losing my Snowflake to gut stasis, I wanted a name that gave him strength and fight. And in my opinion there was no-one more badass than Hershel Greene from the Walking Dead. :lol: He is fondly called Hershey or Mr Bear.

Maggie - She got her name to go with Hershel as another character from the Walking Dead. She is affectionately named Maggie Boo Bear

My OH says I'm like the Abominable Snowman because I give him
really tight squeezy hugs. :lol:

I loved that cartoon when I was little :love:

Barney had already been named by the P@H staff.

Dany is named after Daenerys on Game of Thrones (cause she thinks she is a little queen!)

Peach Pie was thought to be a girl for the first few months of his life :oops: and by the time it was realised he was male I had got used to his name. It does fit him though because he is very sweet and dozy :love:

Priscilla because my friend chose her name, although it does suit her because she's a fussy, dainty little girly.

Phoebe - Named after the character from Friends. Definitely suits her as she is a bit mental!

Once we get a boy I'm aiming for Loki if he's mischievous or Victor if he's lazy!

Betty because i liked the name and Walter because he has a magnificent mustache and it seemed distinguished!

I mainly call him biscuit though. Betty gets called Better because it rhymes with Walter.

Back