• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What are your bunnies names and why?

Harli because his markings are harlequin although I played around with the spelling until it suited him as I felt unsung an i made it more edgey which suited his personality! Lol

Pippin is named after the dog in kids tv programme Come Outside. I adored that dog when I was little.
Pumpkin is just because it's a cute name and goes with Pippin :lol:

Cloud after the Final Fantasy 7 character because I'm a geek and he's fluffy and grey, which is like most clouds in Plymouth. Tifa after the main female character in FF7.

We actually settled on Tifa first after I ran lots of geeky names by my partner until we found one that she liked too. Initially we were due to have two females so it was going to be Tifa and Freya (after the nature goddess in World of Warcraft) but then we found there was only one girl after all so we had to pick a less feminine name!

I think it works better with two characters from the same game anyway.

Fiver because I love Watership Down. :lol: I had wanted to call him Hazel, but my ex told me it was too girly (even though Hazel is one of the main characters in the book and is a BOY!) so I went with Fiver. He is the complete opposite to the character, however, and he would have suited Bigwig better. :lol:

Xena was called Maggie Magpie when I got her...because she's a magpie harlequin :roll:. I don't like obvious names and really dislike the name "Maggie" as I just think of Margaret Thatcher or Maggie from The Simpsons. It took me ages to pick a name but Xena really suited her personality, she is a right bolshy little madam! Plus I have a slight obsession with Xena: Warrior Princess. :lol: Her middle name is Maggie, though, because her foster Mam really did save her and it's like a tribute to her. :love:

Fiver and Xena get called "Babies" or "Babe". Fiver is usually referred to as "Little ****" because he's always doing something he shouldn't! :lol:

Shadowfax because me, Steph182 and her friend Nat all helped to rescue her, so we all wanted to decide on a name. We all love LOTR and Steph suggested Shadowfax (yes, I know! The horse is white not black!) but it immediately suited her and it stuck. I usually call her "My love" or "Munchkin", though. :lol:

Pompom - because she looked like a grey pompom :lol:

Strawberry - from watership down

Bun bun - the bunny from ouran high school host club

I just thought all those names were cute too :love:

Cloud - couple of reasons! First when we got Bilbo and Cloud i wasn't actually there, work wouldn't give me time off to go to the rescue, and the lady who was there had physio during the week at that time, so my boyfriend picked who came home. I was told there was a brown and a white bun with brown patches, and only later got a picture. So I was told to pick a name for them. Cloud came to mind for white bun, and seemed appropriate because the rabbit I had as a teen was called Rikku, after a Final Fantasy character :lol: Cloud is from another game in the series, so it worked, and I can't imagine him under anything else.

Bilbo - I let boyfriend name him as I named Cloud. We were trying to think *brown* and he's a LOTR fan. Bilbo slipped out :lol: and he said we can call him Bill to everyone else, but Bilbo really suits him. I call him Bilbo Baggins when he's being naughty!

Pooka - we were gearing up for another bun for ages, and when we knew we were getting a black lop, so I was thinking of references to black or scary or shadow, something like that. The I remember the movie Anastacia from when I was little and the name of the dog, which I loved. How it reminded me of ghosts and spirits for some reason. So I decided on Pooka, and again I think it suits her and we can change it about lots of ways.

Harvey because that was the least rabbity name I could think of....... Cue my nan on hearing the naming news "oh after Harvey the rabbit?" :oops:

Lilly because her previous owner called her Tigerlilly (because if her stripes) but I'd already had a hamster with that name so shortened it to Lilly, a pretty name for a pretty bunny (although I'm sure anyone who's met her will say the name doesn't match her personality, she's fiesty not delicate!)

First bun OH named as he is a veggie he thought it was funny and when we got the other two we kept the theme:roll:

Stu then Casserole and Dumplin

First bun OH named as he is a veggie he thought it was funny and when we got the other two we kept the theme:roll:

Stu then Casserole and Dumplin

I love your bunnies names, they always make me giggle :lol: I think I should try to be a bit more clever with my next pet's name!

Snowball- came with the name and it suited him.
Katie- came with the name.
Stevie Frankenbunny- came called Stevie and was nick named Frankenbunny by a volunteer.
Daisy- came with the name.
Runt- runt of the litter.
Betsy- came with the name.
Radish- a name we all liked ( volunteers and us) and he's just a cute little bundle.
Olga- another name chosen all of us, she a bit of madam.
Clara- she's a lionhead and it looks like she has white bloomers on, and Martha sounds like a name who would wear these.
Martha- a double coated lionhead and Clara's sister, the names just went together, they were called Hairy Mary and sister.
Ebony- came with the name.
Snuffles- came with the name.
Domino- a little white bun with black dots.
Hugo- a name suggested by a volunteer and we all liked it.
Sparrow- our hand reared wildie, she was just a wee brown scrap so was called sparrow.
Noodle- was called Fifi, I just couldn't call her that and liked Noodle.
Oddeye- Runt's brother, he has a blue eye and a brown eye.
Sorrell- didn't have a name and though she was a lovely, quiet girl.
Cuddles- came with the name.
Rolo- came with the name.
Alex- the most recent wildie addition, just seemed to fit.

Buster - picked by kids
Brownie -again picked by kids as he has brown bits on him.
Belle - picked by my dd1 she's her rabbit.
Bramble - already called that and given the B theme it stuck.

Buster.. not very original but I always wanted a pet named Buster! I was going to call the hamster Buster but she turned out to be a girl, so the bunny got lumbered with it :lol:

Ginger and Apricot were named by my daughter as Fluffy Ginger (as she was the only one with a mane at the time) and Apricot Sundae but the double barrelled bit was quickly dropped :lol:

Dandy and Beano had been named at the RSPCA and they really are such lively comic characters :lol: I loved the names and the names suited them :love:

The girl I got Bojangles from thought she was a boy and named her after a bar in her hometown. She was answering to Bojangles so I kept it. She also goes by Bo, Bojangles Baggins, Bagginses.

Flymo - because he eats a lot of grass :lol:
Rosie - new rabbit, named by my daughter... don't know where it came from!

Back