• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What are your bunnies names and why?

Bella is named after an evil psycho witch in Harry Potter...Bellatrix :lol: I just really liked the name and thought it suited her because she's black and....crazy :lol:

And Boris was originally a Doris........:oops: :lol:

Biscuit; same colour as a chocolate digestive (his other name idea was Rolo, for the same reason...)
Ginger; same colour as the name (and its the name the rescue gave her)

Thor (god of thunder) because he's the total opposite of a terrifying god lol :)
And Lilo because of Lilo and stitch being one of my fave movies :)
Xx

Sonic's called Sonic because I loved Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games at the time, and I didn't like the name Mario, but Sonic was a good bunny name :lol:

Sheila because she's a lionhead and has crazy hair like Prince's previous drummer, Sheila.

Flash because originally he was called Prince to go with Sheila's name, and then my nephew renamed him to Flash because my mum didn't think we should have chose the name. He was originally my nephew's and then he got adopted by us as they bonded instantly.

Fiver because I love Watership Down. :lol: I had wanted to call him Hazel, but my ex told me it was too girly (even though Hazel is one of the main characters in the book and is a BOY!) so I went with Fiver. He is the complete opposite to the character, however, and he would have suited Bigwig better. :lol:

Xena was called Maggie Magpie when I got her...because she's a magpie harlequin :roll:. I don't like obvious names and really dislike the name "Maggie" as I just think of Margaret Thatcher or Maggie from The Simpsons. It took me ages to pick a name but Xena really suited her personality, she is a right bolshy little madam! Plus I have a slight obsession with Xena: Warrior Princess. :lol: Her middle name is Maggie, though, because her foster Mam really did save her and it's like a tribute to her. :love:

Fiver and Xena get called "Babies" or "Babe". Fiver is usually referred to as "Little ****" because he's always doing something he shouldn't! :lol:

Shadowfax because me, Steph182 and her friend Nat all helped to rescue her, so we all wanted to decide on a name. We all love LOTR and Steph suggested Shadowfax (yes, I know! The horse is white not black!) but it immediately suited her and it stuck. I usually call her "My love" or "Munchkin", though. :lol:

I loved Shadowfax in the LOTR movies! I used to have a pony and I thought Shadowfax was awesome. I have seen you mention him on here before and I have been meaning to ask if it was because of that. In my dreams, I'd love to have a white Arab stallion and call him Shadowfax and go for bareback rides on the beach in the surf *sighs*

I also used to really love Xena when I was little and it was on the TV. I'd stay over at my grandparents every Saturday night and we'd watch it. I wanted to be Xena when I grew up :lol:

:lol: Fiver being renamed Little ***** my friend had a mini lop when we were younger and I was the only one who was quick enough to catch her in the garden when she was out, but I nicknamed her "Little Ball of ***********" because I still struggled.

Thor (god of thunder) because he's the total opposite of a terrifying god lol :)
And Lilo because of Lilo and stitch being one of my fave movies :)
Xx

So not after Thor from the movies then :lol: he's a bit yummy though don't you think, especially when he's topless for about 1 second in his own movie :lol::oops:

Springfield was named after Dusty Springfield as he is dusty coloured and I thought he was a girl ... so he's a boy but Springfield (or Springy) still works for a male :) Lola was already named by the rescue and it suited her so we kept it :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Lord Spenser Milton Sparklepants

Spenser and Milton after the poets, Lord Sparklepants becuase he is white, OCD about grooming, and with a strong sense of his own importance!

Pickles. His brother was called Ginger which we always knew would be his name. It took the 2 weeks between seeing them and picking them up to come up with 'Pickles', but it's like the Beatrix Potter book so quite appropriate I think Honestly I couldn't have chosen a better name fr him. It suits him down to the ground!

Frank , betty and ted.
We got frank and I named him because I like the name frank from some mothers do ave em. Then we got betty and of course it had to be betty :) the names really suit their personalities ! We recently got ted and I wanted a name that would suit frank and betty . If we get ted a girlfriend we will probably go with something like dot or ethel haha

Sent from my GT-I9505

Will(ow) and Nancy, cos that was their names when we rescued them - also same for my lovely Poppy who went to the Bridge in July.
My earlier bunnies - Blackie (self explanatory) and Rosie after AC/DC song Whole Lotta Rosie (was a bit of a rock chick back in the day):lol:

Harvey Wallbanger (Harvey after the film and Wallbanger cause he loves to thump when he's annoyed) and Coco because when she was a baby her nose looked like a Coco-pop, nowadays she looks more like she's been for a paddle in chocolate, but the name still works.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Sugar and Sonny. These are the names they came to us with. Sugar (mainly white) came with her sister Spice (who was a wildie lookalike - they so both suited their names). Sonny also came with his name - his previous wifebun (Cher) had passed away. His name really suits him though as he is such a sunny-natured, happy affectionate bun.

My first rabbit was the only one I chose the name for - he was an English rabbit with beautiful markings - dots and dashes - so we called him Morse :D

Back