• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What are your bunnies names and why?

Daisy already came with her name but I call her all sorts :). Sparrow was originally called flumper and I wasn't having any of that nonsense and randomly picked sparrow as I thought it was cool :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Stanleigh Rose - my son wanted to call her Stanley after a book where a toy bunny gets stolen by a queen, and the girl goes to get him back... The shop assistant thought it funny when I said, but she's a girl, so needs a girl name... Like... I dunno, Rose... Stanleigh Rose she became. :D :love:

Daisy Belle - beautiful, gentle girl. Patient with her dominant bunny friend. :love:

Honey and Smudge... Honey because of her colour, and Smudge on account of her white smudge on her nose. :love: they had previous names, can't remember them though. Just remember thinking, defo not! :lol:

Harry - was already named by fellow RUer :love:

Pippa - thought it was cute and suited her. Little pip... :love:

Reggie - it just happened :lol: :love:

Pheobe - no idea, just had to give her a different name from previous owner. She suited Pheobe better anyway. ;):love:

Amber - Because of her colour when she was a baby

Lynx - Because his spots on one side all link up

Cogsworth - Came with his name from RSPCA Walsall

Lumiere - Because he was our second rescue bunny so carried on the Disney theme

Kera - Came with her name

Luna - Just because lol

Abuelito - We found out we were keeping him (long story!!) when we found out my Grandpa wasn't going to get better and sadly passed away, my grandpa loved spain and Abuelito is grandpa in Spanish :)

Boris was a Doris when we first got him......:oops:

Bella...I don't know. It was the first name that popped into my head when I saw her, and it stuck :)

Bobo - was called Boris initially after a certain London mayor but soon turned into a Bobo which really suits him

Harley - after Harlequin in the Batman comics which my hubby is into

Holly - because we homed her at Chrismas

Sheldon - because he is slightly bonkers

Bug - we couldn't think of anything else to call her and I was calling her Bug anyway

Cheyenne - I always said that my first daughter would be called Cheyenne - although she is not my first girl rabbit, we have formed such a close bond, so quickly - she is like a daughter to me.

We have also given them food names for when they are being extremly naughty;):D:

Bobo Burger

Harley Hotdog

Holly Pie

Shelly Stew

Bug Kebab

Cheyenne Stroganoff

Harry, because he kept escaping out of his pen like Harry Houdini!
Daisy, she already had this name and just suited her ,tho, she does have a small white spot on her nose a bit like a Daisy!

Truffle and Fudge were named by the kids - inspired by a dessert menu....

Tully was originally Tulip from the rescue, then we discovered she was a 'he'. I couldn't have a boy called Tulip!

Kyla was Kylie at the rescue - I wouldn't normally bother changing the name but really didn't like Kylie. I much prefer Kyla and I think Tully and Kyla go well together.

Toshi was the only rabbit that I named. His name means mirror image :) His previous names were Aurora, Roy, and whatever his first owners named him.
Paige's name was given to her by the shelter. Her previous name was Smokey.
Joshua used to be Joshua Aiden, but we shortened it, his other name was Mr Bun Bun

It's funny reading about how people name them, for some bunnies it semms it takes ages to settle on a name. It was like that with Harvey, took me at least a week to name him. Then with other buns, like Coco, you see them and you just know their name right away.

It's funny reading about how people name them, for some bunnies it semms it takes ages to settle on a name. It was like that with Harvey, took me at least a week to name him. Then with other buns, like Coco, you see them and you just know their name right away.

Yup I'll agree with you there. Slipper ended up with her nickname, Badger & Blueberry were almost instantly named as was Blackavar.

Alfred is Alfred for no real reason - I always liked it! Rosy Posy was going to be Bailey, due to the colour of her coat, but I thought Alfred and Rosy sounded better :)

Alfred is better than Alf/Alfie to shout at him when he's in trouble, though - which is a lot at the moment! :lol: my family call him Alf and he's registered at the vets as Alfie as it was just easier to say!

Molly - Proper little girl's name.Though she is always up to mischief
Smokey -Was a gumtree bun who I rescued .The owners had never given my little boy a name.
Just handed him over to me over the garden fence '' Has he got a name I asked ''
No was the reply.
So we called him Smokey due to his colouring.

My boy is called Toffee and his sister Treacle, not because of their of colouring really, I just liked them, and it suits them !

Harriet-because that's what the rescue called her and it suited her.

Casper-because I didn't like his rescue name and he was a white angora who looked like Casper the friendly ghost according to my OH:lol:

Harry and Milly just suited those names

Star-because she was an absolute star before being rescued feeding her tiny babies with so little food or water for herself:cry:

Sam, who is Stars son, just suits that name

Bunny - my boyfriend arranged getting her for me as a surprise birthday present last year and i only found out the day before. I wanted to call her Neil but as she was a girl and I didn't have an alternative i just spent ages calling her Bunny. She has since been remained Bundog, or Bunny Dog, or Bunny D.

Buster - I didn't have a name for Buster either when we picked him up. I'd already used my two fave names on possible adoptees (Doug and Pete) and then I just happened to walk in the room the following morning after we picked him up and say "right buster, let's have a look at you" and it stuck!!

Back