• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Went for a walk.....

Clare-uk

Mama Doe
.... And saw a bunny out the front of a house, on a main road, in a tiny metal cage - which looked to me to be the top of an indoor cage, no water, no shelter & looking quite sorry for itself. Left me unsure what to do, I think I will keep checking as it may have just been put out for 1/2 hour or so :( made me sad though as it wasn't a happy bun!

Oh no!! That does not sound good. Its too cold to leave a rabbit exposed like that. Do you think it was waiting for someone to collect it? Like if someone had bought it and its indoor and outdoor hutch off gumtree or something....?

Hadn't thought of that, I will have to go back to check tomorrow as I can't just forget the little bun :(

Been past today & he's not there. I'm going to make a point of going past there daily at different times just to be sure, if I see bunny again I will photograph & report as he looked so sad & it is such a busy road with cars & people passing with nowhere to hide & feel safe :(

I just thought it might be the case. My friend from work got a gumtree bunny and was jyst told that it and all its things would be left outside for collection!!!

Gosh, it would never enter my head to do that, ever! Still not seen anything but will keep checking, especially at the weekend which is when I saw him. If this has happened i hope he's been moved to a lovely forever home

I just thought it might be the case. My friend from work got a gumtree bunny and was jyst told that it and all its things would be left outside for collection!!!

I hope that's the case :shock:
still, seems like poor bunny must be cold, unless it's been an outdoor bunny.

That seems a bit unsafe. :( Even if he was just waiting to be collected...what's to stop anyone from going up and taking him?
*sigh* I despair of people sometimes. :?

Glad to say (I think) that bun hasn't been seen since. Perhaps the poor little fella really had been put out for collection :shock:

Glad to say (I think) that bun hasn't been seen since. Perhaps the poor little fella really had been put out for collection :shock:

Hope bun is safe and warm somewhere. Things like this tend to stick in my mind for days when there's no way to know for sure what's happened. :?
Thank you for the update, Clare. xx

If I ever see bun again I will knock, I've passed there several times a day as I make detours on every journey & asked family to check when passing too! No sign of bunny & people have been there. With today being so sunny I've checked a couple of times throughout the day, just to be sure :eek::

Back